1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

## Who Installs the Round Post w.Donut Ribs ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by halfmile, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I think those were original winchester. I know Model 42's had them from the factory. You might want to check with Simmons, but I never saw their ribs configured like that.

HM

2. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

From the other "Rib work" thread: Paul Salchow at Simmons can be reached at Ithrone4985@everestkc.net which I believe is his home. He takes his job very seriously and I think you will be impressed. Ron Renouf

3. locdoc

locdoc Member

I've heard the term but do not believe I have ever seen any. Would anyone here be able to post photo's of an example?

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

This should show you the round post and the round post doughnut base ribs that were installed by Winchester under license from Simmons. The donut base was produced from 1954 to about 1961 then came the round post from about 1960 to 1963 then simmons insalled a third type on model 42's through 1964. All of these ribs were inslled also by simmons in the same time frame. All model 42 ventribs were of simmons design. Model 12 had four styles of vent rib from the factory. If the year of the gun does not match the correct style of vent rib it will have been an added rib. Jeff

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

6. locdoc

locdoc Member

Many thanks, Jeff.

Doug

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Simmons can do the donut posts with their rib. The Original Winchester ribs had a donut post but the ribs wre milled as was the receiver piece. The now defunct Andys gun shop had the original milling macheine from Winchester. Where it is now is something I would like to know.
    Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.