1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who in Ohio to choke a gun.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OhioGal, Jun 30, 2013.

1. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I recently purchased a KS5, It's a full choke and I would like to have it opened for multi chokes. Does any body in Ohio do that kind of work or should I send it to Kriegoff? Rough cost to have done? Thanks
  2. Terry Eyster

Terry Eyster Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Heritage Gunsmiths in centerburg, ohio 740 625 6131 Talk to Jim Eyster
  3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Feb 19, 2008

Consider doing yourself and your wallet a favor an leave it fixed full. At least 9 out of every 10 shooters you've ever seen win a big shoot were shooting a full choke. Or, 999 of 1000, if you just count handicap.

A FULL also helps less experienced shooters because the visual feedback programs your brain to shoot better because it's clear when you're dead-on.

Finally, despite what anybody tells you, Improved Modified or Modified chokes rarely get you a target that a Full wouldn't have broken. In fact, for this to happen, you would need to miss the target by less than 0.8" at 34 yards. Click the link for suporting evidence (and note that this comparison is for an EXTRA-Full). If anybody disputes this, ask them to provide real, documented, scientific evidence. Blowhards will yap, but nobody will provide proof because it simply doesn't exist.

In the words if Leo Harrison III, "Shoot whatever choke you want, as long as it's FULL."

4. vhntr1

vhntr1 Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Kerry Allor in Michigan 3 hr trip from Findlay Deb the best in the country .
Search tags for this page

gun choke dayton ohio