1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who has Winchester Primers??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tomlieb, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

It seems every source I have tried are out of Winchester Primers and every other one too!!
    Anyone Know of a source for Primers?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I just bought powder primers and shot from Gamaliel's showroom at the WSRC in Sparta last weekend. There was a Remington Sporting Clays Championship and 5 stand tournament so they were open. I got 15,000 primers from Zanders a wholesale only outfit in Southern Illinois a month ago. Must be a FFL holder to buy there though and they are B/O only right now. Good luck they are out there. You just have to get your name on the B/O lists and wait like everyone else.---Matt

3. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

i heard recobs got more otherwise smiittys guns in deerfield had 20000 left last wk

4. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

I have 20,000 in my shop. Bought 40.000 about 2 months ago and have not found any since

5. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

Recobs has Winchester primers.

Arnie

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I purchased some from Ballistic Products in Minnesota about a month ago. Kind of spendy. Cost me $40 per thousand with the shipping and HAZmat fee.

Jim Skeel

7. djcuda

djcuda Member

Guns Unlimited in Omaha,Ne has Winchester primers.
    Dave

8. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

I ordered 5000 from Recobs, they limit you to one case per order because of short supply, at least I could get 5000, that will last for awhile until the supply comes back on. I asked about why there was no supply of primers and was told it was because of the election, that is "Obama did it" . I have a hard time beliving that Obama called up Winchester and told them not to produce primers. Maybe its because we are all buying too much in fear that the gov will shut us off? I don't get it.

9. Pat McKean

Pat McKean Active Member

A fellow at a well known reloading supply house told me last December that Barak Obama was the thing the gun industry has ever seen. The last six months have proved him correct.

-Pat

10. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

tomlieb, It can't be short supply, it has to be excessive demand. It only makes sense that manufacturers are working 24hrs/day to meet the demand. To pay $40/1000 is crazy! I have read that people are hording everything from
    bottled water to thermal blankets. The recession, Obama, and the swine flu has made people crazy with fear. The four horesmen are coming.

11. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

Tom: Got some at Oak Tree today... he still has a few left,(very few). Walt

12. Jay62

Jay62 TS Member

i found some at midwayusa.com

13. Beacon

Beacon TS Member

As a components dealer I can tell you that Winchester primers are out there. They have not ceased to be manufactured, demand simply exceeds the supply. I have Winchester, Remington, Cheddite, Nobel Sport, Fiocchi, and Federal primers coming in my current shipment but nearly all of them are already spoken for and I know the rest of them will be sold before I offload the delivery truck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.