1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who has shot Chambermates in a Browning 28 gauge?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by StansCustoms, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

28 Gauge shotgun owners...

I just ordered some .410 Seminole Chambermates for my 28 ga. Browning XS Skeet..(till I can find a similar skeet gun in a .410).

I'm attempting to shoot all four gauges (skeet) using a 28 gauge "only" for 12, 20 amd 28 ... then install .410 Chambermates in the same gun for the .410 class.

Since I have never used anything like these before....Is there any particular downside to using them...do they pattern good/bad/so so..?

I have heard they get loose and have to have new o-rings pretty often. Is that true...? Is there any way to prolong o-ring replacement...(providing they do generally have to be replaced pretty frequently)?

Any advise in general that would be good to know about these things...???

Thanks and best regards..Stan Mayfield

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I shot them at the 2003 US Open in Sporting Clays in a 28 ga Perazzi. They did OK but would be fine for skeet since it so close range. I ran some 50 straights in skeet with them which is no big deal.

3. StansCustoms

Thanks Claybrdr..

That sounds pretty good..

Are they pretty reliable...need any special treatment...anything else I might need to know.

Thanks ...Stan

...oh yeah...running 50 straight with .410 Chambermates ina 28 gauge WOULD be a "big deal" to me..LOL!

4. claybrdr

I used plumber's teflon tape over the O-rings to protect them and get a better seal. One or two wraps depending on the gun's chambers. My Perazzi had fixed chokes of .016 and in my experience Browning factory chokes are pretty open compared to norms.

5. StansCustoms

Thanks again Claybrdr..

..open compared to norms? As in a looser wider pattern...?

Do you think I may need a tighter choke for the .410 Chambermates in the 28 gauge... than the regular 28 gauge skeet chokes?

Thanks...Stan

6. claybrdr

You'll just have to shoot them to see. Don't freak out when you pattern them or be overly concerned with the occasional "blooper" report. They break targets at skeet which is all that matters. If I were still shooting registered skeet would I use them? No! But for recreational use they will be fine. Stick to quality hulls or factory loads of STS or AAs.

I'm a Sporting Clays shooter and I shoot tight chokes as a matter of habit. Will cost me at skeet but I'm not serious about it anymore.

7. StansCustoms

10-4 Thanks...for the info claybrdr..

Best regards...Stan Mayfield

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

seminole chambermates 28 gauge to 410

want 28 gauge to 410 chambermates