1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who has shot at the most state shoots?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by G-12, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-12

G-12 TS Member

A shooter I know plans to shoot every state shoot before he ends his shooting career. I'm curious how many state shoots you have attended and shot? Ben

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Hmmmm ... 50 States usualy equals 50 State shoots!

3. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Illinois, Nebraska, Iowa & Hawaii ... 7 for now

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Charlie Dross-Fla!!

5. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jim Brown & his cryogenic turkeys?

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

So far I have shot Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Florida, Tennessee, Arkansas, Kansas,Colorado, Montana, Ohio, Oklahoma and Texas. This year, it does not look like my list will get longer. I wish we could add more weeks to May, June and July and take out a few weeks from December, January and February.

Pat Ireland

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

In this crowd, I'm a raw amateur. I've shot in the Pennsylvania (the biggest), Virginia (they have Pat), Delaware (they have Curt), New Jersey (got to shoot at skeeters), Maryland (really miss Thurmont) and Connecticut (best background ever) state shoots. But I did shoot on a squad with Jim Brown in New Jersey - that's even better than staying at a Holiday Inn Express!

Ed

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jerry- I have shot the Southern Zone in Kentucky several times but I have not shot the KY State shoot. I do know where the Crawdad holes are at the club. The KY and the VA State are always on the same date. I would like to shoot Indiana but the time between Spring and the Grand just does not have enough weekends and I have to work sometime. Could you convince me to retire when we get to visit at the Southern Grand in 4 weeks?

Pat Ireland

9. 682LINY

682LINY Member

I am working on east of the missisippi befor I retire,,,15 yrs,,,I have New Hampshire,,Rhode Island,New York,Pensyilvania,,,Doing North Carolina and New Jearsy this year,,may be Conn,,,,,and after I retire will work on west of the Missisippi

10. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Pat...you have to get alaska in. I'm offering you half price targets (paid for out of my own pocket) if the temps aren't above 60 during the shoot. See the "got my Trap and Field" thread...

Jeff Pokorny

11. JHS

JHS TS Member

Have shot Va, NC,SC,MD, PA (Zone), Fla (SO GRand), NY (NE Grand), Tex (SW Grand),Nevada (Golden West ), GA (Dixie Grand),Ariz (Spring Grand),Conn, NH, Maine,Delaware,Ohio (Grand). That is 16 I think.

Had fun at every one and met great people, not sure I will get all 50 states but I am going to try !

Jim

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jeff- You just don't understand. A few weeks ago I shot in Florida and a couple of days it only made it into the low 60's. I had to wear an undershirt, a long sleeve shirt and a sweat shirt on those cold days. Now, if you could promise me temperatures in the mid 90's with at least 80% humidity, I could get very interested.

Pat Ireland

13. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

G-12.

I have not attended as many state shoots as some but have attended, Ohio State, Iowa State (7 times), PA. State, Virginia State (Hi Pat), The Grand (9 times), KCTA Anniverary shoot (4 times), plus a couple of small shoots in Janesville and Sauk Prairie Wisconsin, Freeport Illinois, Greenville PA.

The down side is I have a 24-30 hour Flight from Australia to shoot with all my American shooting buddies, and with the wifes permission and god willing will be over this year for KCTA and then onto Sparta.

I have been very fortunate and met some fantastic people along the way, at least this year our Dollar is the strongest it has been against the Greenback for the last 15 years.

Release Trigger.

Downunder.

14. pepper

pepper TS Member

Oleolliedawg:

Last time i seen Charlie, he was at Elysburg State shoot. Told me he was moving to Florida from Alaska...He is the only person i know of that shot in all 50 states. Pepper...

15. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Pat,

That's gonna be mighty hard to promise you...I think the 'all time' high for Anchorage is somplace around 86.

How about if we set up one of those kerosene heaters like they have on the sideline at NFL games and blow hot air on you? Could you survive it then?

16. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Jim Brown I was told has shoot in all 50 States ....

17. otnot

otnot Active Member

Pat if you will come up to Alaska I promise you warm weather. Snicker,snicker,snort,snort.

18. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Pat

If you want "warm" weather, come on out to Kingsburg for the California State Shoot. You won't be disappointed!

19. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Last year, I shot these state shoots: Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Alabama, Virginia, West Virginia, and Kansas. I will try to get to some more this year.

Would have made the Alaska state shoot last year, had it not been for the hip. Also, the thought of seeing Jeff P. in a dress kinda scared me...

20. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Pepper, Dross is now in Florida and a toll booth operator at the airport. He is one of the few to have done 'em all!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.