1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who has had their Lead Reclaimed at their club?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DecalDude, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Was wondering how many clubs have been mined? Was it a sucess? What was the company that did it?

And has anyone heard of RANGE SERVICES LLC out of Clardon Ohio?

Just curious as to any feed back as to how it all works.

Thank You

Jerry Lewis Busti Trap Club

2. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

????????

3. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

09newbie, lead reclamation is what I believe he means, "Google lead reclamation gun range and enjoy the reading." Although I just poured my first cup of coffee and did LOL as with all the characters on this site; I figured the title was written by a disgruntled shooter mad at a handicap classification who wanted to "mine" his club and was looking for some advice from fellow saboteurs. HAHA

4. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

OOPS, Sorry Jerry, it is early, I skimmed the first post and didn't realize you asked the question and then made the second post as well.

I skimmed the first as I don't personally have knowledge of a gun club having this procedure completed, I just saw your ??????? and saw 'newbie' and figured you wanted to know what the orginal poster was talking about.

Regardless, thanks for giving me a chuckle to start the day off with even if you didn't mean to. LOL

I am sure there are multiple people on this site who have been directly involved with the logistics, costs, timeline, etc. of dealing with a company who has all the certifications and endorsements required by law, etc...

5. Grousehunterkel

Grousehunterkel TS Member

Check your PM.

6. scratcher

scratcher TS Member

Go to www.gipsonricketts.com for what you may be looking for......

DG

7. tomjhunt

tomjhunt TS Member

WE just finished reclaiming shot out of Black Diamond (Wash.) Mo Braggs out of Oregon used a wet mining process to get the lead out! Went very well, took a long time, but everyone is happy with the work and the results.

8. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Thanks all I gotta get new screen name LOL far from newbie anymore been learning all the ins and outs of the sport lots of Great Shooters(many state champs as well as all Americans and Hall of famers as well) and even introduced to Silver Seitz owner by the Mrs. who knew him from years ago.

But I guess I guy can learn too much too quick and mess around and get elected President of a club that quick as what has happened to me.

I read this forum almost daily and respect much advice given.

Thank You All

Jerry Lewis Busti Trap Club, Busti NY

9. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

I was wondering what the usual "split" money is for shot reclamation companies. I realize that there are variances such as who clears the land etc.--just looking for a ball park figure for say 800,000 lbs. to a million lbs. Thanks--Dennis.

10. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Our contract says 21% on first 100,000 and 25% on every 100,000 there after.

11. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Dennis, the split is influenced by several things. If the club is responsible for their percentage of cost for skids, barrels and transportation the split percentage will be higher.

Last year we had our club mined by a small firm that recovered 150,000 lbs. of lead from the flat areas of our shot fall zone. Our cut was 30% of the price the smelter paid, and the mining firm paid all expenses.

We are having the club mined again this year by a firm with much more sophisticated equipment. The are mining all areas, even the flats that were mined last year. Because a lot of the "low hanging fruit" had already been taken, we agreed to a sliding scale depending on the amount of lead removed per week. It starts at 20% of the net, and rises to 25% and 30%, depending on the amount of lead recovered that week. Their recovery rate is currently such that we expect to receive at least 25%.

I'll also say it pays to have a clearly written contract. The first company that approached us proposed a contract so vague none of us could figure out how much the club would make. Fortunately, there were other firms wiling to be more specific.

In addition to your percentage, you want to specify how the lead will be mined, in what areas, during what period, exceptions (for shooting days and the like) and what condition the range will be restored to after mining.

In both instances, the firm mining the lead handled the brush clearing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.