1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHO HAS CHEAP 9mm AMMO

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trap2, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Being relatively new to pistol shooting, and pistols in general, I would like to know of a source for some cheap 9mm ammunition. I just purchased a Kahr CW9 and they say you need to fire 200 rounds through the pistol to get it broken in. I would rather run just cheap ammo through it for this break in session as it will not only allow me to get the gun right, it will tell me how it feeds different ammo..... Where do you pistol guys get your ammo? I'm not into reloading these rounds, just to use as a tool..... Thanks....... Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. gaboy77

gaboy77 Member

The website ammoman.com has some decent prices on quantity purchases for lots of different calibers. Also lately, Cabelas online has had some decent ammo prices, espcially if you buy enough to get free shipping. You can also check Aim Surplus online. Other than that, I would have to send you to Walmart.

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I like to use this place for price comparisons. Beating the shipping charge can be quite a game at times, though. When the subject of Kahrs comes up, it's usually always favorable. Good luck.

4. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

I've not shot this stuff but I know a couple guys who have and they are happy with it.

5. Titan Trap Team

Titan Trap Team Member

WALMART has Winchester 100 round value packs for a good price

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

That white box Winchester 100 pks from Wal Mart is good ammo and usually pretty decent priced. I have shot alot of it and have never had a FTF.

7. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

About the only reason I go to Walmart is to pickup ammo. Winchester white boxes, the same as on the websites above is about $23 per 100 rds. 45 ACP is around $38 for the same Winchester load. That is very reasonable to me. I can't seem to find it cheaper anywhere else, when you factor in shipping costs and the fact that the Winchester is all brass.

8. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Figure about 240.00 per case, to your door shipped and insured. That is for brass cased, FMJ's. Could be Federal, Remington, Winchester, PMC, Independence, or Blazer Brass by CCI----whatever the sale is at the time.

9. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys..... I ordered some from able ammo at a pretty reasonable price. Dan

10. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

If you have to shoot 200 rounds through it first, there's something
    wrong. The gun should run right out of the box. Kahr should pay you for the ammo to break it in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.