1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who has best price on RCBS Grand?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Dog Dad, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

I'm getting back into shooting trap after many years and need a new reloader. I'm thinking of the Grand since I've had good results from RCBS in metallic cartridge reloading. Is there somewhere or someone that has a decent price on them today and any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

2. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

I have owned a RCBS now for over 4 years and I am not pleased w/ mine! They have an excellent warranty and stand behind the product w/o any questions, they cover all parts and labor,they will ship parts to you for free w/o question- that's the good part.I reload about 10,000 shells a year.

The thing that pisses me off is that I have to send it back for the 2nd time.The resizer is not working right,the primer stage is not working right and I realized after my last shoot that my shells were not uniform in performance because the machine was dropping +/- 1-1.25 gr's!I normally scale my powder drops w/ every new keg but i don't scale every 25 shells.They have detailed instructions on fixing and adjusting their machine but I want to reload not become a machine repairman.The machine is made like a tank but costs $ to ship it back to Calif. to have it repaired. If I lived in Calif. and could drive to the company maybe i would own one.

I am going back to my old( well made& better than newer) Mec grabbers. I'lll set up one for singles and another for Hdcp.

3. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

You two guys were made for each other.

Big Dog - make Blackfoot an offer for his POS RCBS Grand and then ship it to California for a rebuild.

You will love loading on it. It's the reloader of choice for me, super consistent shells and reasonably quick production.

4. kolarshooter

kolarshooter Member

Check out the DILLON 900.
    I bought one the first year they were out,
    BEST RELOADER I HAVE USED !!!
    Also have a 650, no major prolblems, If a part wear's out or I break something because I did something dumb their warrenity cover's it !!!
    BEST TECH. SUPPORT EVER !!!
    Thank's

5. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

Ditto on the Dillon. Do a search here and you'll find lots of information.

Cheers,

George

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best price for a rcbs grand