1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who has a Heat Pump Hot Water Heater? Any Good?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by need to shoot more, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Hi Everybody,
    Does any one have a Heat Pump Hot Water Heater and how do you like it? How is the recovery on it ?

Thank You in advance,
    Jim

2. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

none out there??

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Save your money, they tried them in the late 70 when we were supposed to run out of oil in about 10 years

It is a good plan but, it's just a heat pump and like a/c's and heat pumps all they do is move heat, so in the summer it would be a good deal cool part of the house while you are heating water but in the winter you would have to heat the area that the water heater sits or it will become extremely cold then the COP on the heat pump tanks and you would have less capacity to heat the water

I built a geo heat pump for our house I use the water in our pond to heat/cool the refrigerant to make it super efficient, I also installed a coax heat exchanger on the side of it and circulate the domestic hot water through it, it is heated with the discharge gas off the compressor, they call those a desuperheater, those do work great, almost free hot water

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.