1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

who had the worst meal around Sparta

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by happy, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happy

happy Member

Let's do a quick survey on the local food.
  2. happy

happy Member

Best place: The Brick for pizza The Roadhouse south of town steaks and chicken The Taquila mexican favorites and Southside ribs
  3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Tammy's. Absolutely the worst service around. If you like waiting an hour or more for your food it's your place. Many complaints about the wait. Example we went in around 8:15, 2 tables had their food and were eating, 3 tables had finished and just talking. We ordered, my wife a salad and I the pasta dish. One hour later we walked without getting our meal. The only ones they had to cook for and they screwed that up. Of couse they had 5 or 6 waitress standing around playing with someone's small kid.

The place will be gone next year.

Southside served the best meal.

Don
  4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Active Member

Pioneer's Cabin has the best food. We didn't eat at Tammy's. Is that the old Carmichael's (we had a similar experience there)?
  5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I'm not too excited about the 17th St BBQ--its not bad, but very plain and unremarkable.

Guy B.
  6. happy

happy Member

Ate at Tammy's Sat night. Same deal poor service, out of straws, out of butter,no buns had bisquets, Orderd a fillet got something resembleing a rib eye,no balsamic dressing waited forever waitress/ hostess were pissed at the world. I think they may already be out of buisness as it seemed they were cleaninig out their coolers. One tables fries were smooth cut the next crinckeled cut. And the bar tender couldn't make mixed drinks. The menu had changed from the first week.
  7. Luvs2shoot

Luvs2shoot Active Member

And,I thought it was only the weeds that were complained about?
  8. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Active Member

Pioneer Cabin was good food, good price, but a long drive.
    Worried about eating whitetail !!!
    The wattress was in a rush. But staff was gracious.
    I should not complain eh !!
    Another Grand in the books.
    I ate to much.
    Had an awesome prime rib in Okawville,Il at Original Springs.
    We were able to barbecue .
    These small communities are having it difficult to get up to speed for all of us !!!

Joe Woods/Ontario
  9. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Lollies........was the worst place we ate.The food sucked. Pioneer Cabin on the other hand was the best of the bunch,but we eat deer all the time,and we're pretty used to them.....

D.P.Reynolds
  10. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Wow I would have been more excited if you all talked about Thursday's weather!!! and the awesome job they did getting it back in shape !!!!
    We are the best sport and we are getting down to the worst food at the greatest event ever.... I guess we should be glad there is nothing worse to complain about
  11. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I walked into Southside Ribs (remember the name) on Thursday Aug 9th and the place was packed (6:40pm). I sat down at the bar, ordered a beer from the pretty bartender who then told me "if you want ribs, we're out". Huh? Southside Ribs outta ribs at 6:40pm? After I opened the beer? Anyway, I ordered the pork steak and it was superb! That made up for no ribs.

blade819
  12. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Member

Lollies was OK, but the Dynasty on main? st was great each time we were there. Pioneer cabin was great as usual each time, too, and about 15 miles or less by GPS. Roadhouse is a bit further, but pretty good too. We didn't care to much for the Brick's limited selection.

As getting the grounds back in shape, A ROUND OF APPLAUSE, is due the crew and volunteers -- GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom and Andee Larkin, Merlyn and Carol Petersmeyer, and friends........
  13. stokinpls

stokinpls Active Member

I remember one time, back in the late '90s, my son and I made the mistake of wandering into "Skyline Chili" in Dayton. My son said, "Dad, this chili tastes like pumpkin pie, can I get a hot dog?". We both did.
  14. crusha

crusha TS Member

First time in Sparta, I tried the strip-mall Mexican place. I walked in and saw there were "Americans" running the place.

...that should have been my signal to leave right there.

Americans do some things good...Mexican food ain't one of them.
  15. zinger

zinger Member

Hook Line & Sinker...staff friendly, food..so so
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.