1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who got the Red Ryder or the Shoot your eye out no

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalvinMD, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Who got that new gun ...who got the note that Santa wasn't leaving you one for fear of you putting your eye out????..Lets see pics of what you got

2. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

Santa brought me a 19" flat screen digital TV and a DVD player for the motor-home, a John Deere blanket and John Deere floor mats for the car. Santa must think that I like John Deere products, he's right, I do!

3. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

I lived in little Seneca, Nebraska in the 1950's: I got a BB gun for Christmas one year; probably 1953 or 1954, I found it was great fun shooting out the string of Village Christmas lights strung across the street from our little store to the bank.
    The county Sherriff came to my house, and told me to go get my BB gun.
    He then said "Sam; I'm putting your BB gun in jail for a year." And, he did.
    I got it back a year later. I'm 68 years old now, and took a lot of kidding over the years for my crime. Wish all law enforcement was as understanding nowadays.
    Today, they would probably call out the SWAT team, and throw my parents in jail.
    Aaah, the good old days.
    Sam Ogle, Lincoln, Ne

4. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

The government "gave" me health care..... I hope it comes with a receipt so I can return it!!!!

5. 1939 gunner

1939 gunner Member

got my red ryder christmas of 1946. it was all i wanted.

6. RJ

RJ TS Member

Gave my Grandson his Red Rider this year. He was estatic. We tried to discuise the box the best we could but he got into the small box that contained the BB's before we could get to him. He knew what was in the next box. I never got a BB gun. I had access to my Uncles 22 Rifle and my Dad said that was enough and that by the way I was shooting it I didn't need one. But he never new In my heart I had always wanted a Red Rider. I was as proud as a Pcock when he got it opened. (richinnameonly)

7. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

My grandson got my ol' single shot Remington .22 and 1000 shorts + plus a package of paper targets. His mother gave me the evil eye. Sign of the times.

8. husker

husker Member

Sam,

I didn't know Seneca had Christmas lights. Hell, I didn't think they had electricity when you were a kid. The best steaks are found at the Seneca steak house today.

Just walked down the driveway to the county road. Wind nearly knocked me over and the snow felt like BBs hitting my face. Doubt if I will be going to Seneca (or anywhere else) in the near future.

Roger Hudson

9. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

My new "toy" is a rip-snorting Benjamin Marauder PCP in .22 cal. Have to wait until the 29th for my HP pump to fill it! Grrrr.......

[​IMG]

10. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

Gave my two grandsons each a Red Ryder this Christmas
    and a PINK Red Ryder for my 11 month old grand-daughter. heh heh

Merry Christmas

Mark

11. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

Roger;
    They did too have electricity. As a matter of fact; the Seneca bar where the good steaks are was the old light plant. We had REA, but if the lights went out; Alfred Hilpmann would fire up the light plant, and wallah! ("Viola" for you city folks) I was back there for my 50th high school reunion held in Thedford this summer, and we went to Seneca for supper. There are a lot of fond memories of my future brother-in-law and I walking up the river hunting ducks or anything else that flew, ran, swam or crawled.
    And.......when I was sixteen, we even got an indoor privy. Talk about luxury.
    Seneca had a population as big as Thedford at that time.
    Maybe even as big as your home town now......hah!
    Sam

12. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

hey genelroy...got the "deer tatoo" anywhere?....couldn't help it...I farm with the red stuff....Merry Christmas and a bumper crop in 2010 for you and yours!!!

Big Ron

and I got a bottle of some fine single malt I'll sample this aft....oh and some other stuff....

13. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I got my Red Rider BB gun in '52 or '53 by selling packets of flower
    seeds door-to-door. Don't remember how many I sold but it seemed like
    a thousand. It was worth it....

14. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

This photo was taken at 0700 hrs this morning. My granddaughter (5 yrs. old) with her Pink red Ryder.

Curt aka: Pop-Pop

[​IMG]

15. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

OK, I'll add to the list: grandson got a Red Ryder after trying out his grandma's last summer, and Grandma got a new Browning lever-action .22, the grade II version. I figured she deserved the fancy one - I mean I think that's what Santa figured! Pretty nice Christmas, all in all.

16. shaner

shaner Member

got mine in 64 and son got his in 84, that lil girl and the pink one is great

17. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I got my grandson a Red Ryder for his 10th birthday, My dad got me one and I got a scope for it and hunted with it, jumped a cock pheasant, shot and missed.
    Took it into the wood lots of times, but removed the scope, shot it better w/factory sights. My grandsons mother was in the Air Force and she out shot my grandson a few times shooting at empty plastic coke pottles filled w/water. My son was also in the Air Force and was personal aide to the Air Force in Iraq on his tour of duty. He became very profecient with it and wrote a story about me getting it for him at his school grandparents day. I have pictures of my son sitting in Sadams Golden Chair in his Mansion in Iraq. You should have seen all the bullet holes through it and all around it.

Red Ryder those were the days 58 years ago, 1951.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

18. shooter66

shooter66 TS Member

My boy got a .410 from Grandma and a .22 and a 20ga. from Mom and Dad...so he got the hook up.

Were gonna take the .410 out for an inagural hunt in the AM.

19. shadow

shadow Active Member

My first Red Ryder came on Christmas 1946. The first time I shot it with the lever down---about 10 minutes later!!!!! I can still feel the pain !

20. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Got the redrider but dad had the forthought to disable the ability to shoot bb's turned them into a pop gun that blased a puff of air!

The three brothers had a grand time shooting each other.

Ronbo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.