1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who for rebuilding a Browning???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pull & Mark, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

A Shooting friend of mine has a GTI Browning and its getting abit loose. I told him the 2 places I know are Skeet's Gun Shop and Arts Gun Shop, besides Browning. I have the # and Address for Skeets, but would like one for Arts if you have it!!! Also if anyone could recommend a better shop for the GTI that would be helpful as well. Thanks in advance and any and all help. break em all JEff

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Click on the link for Art's Gun Shop. Bill Malcolm

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Another option would be Midwest GunWorks in Pevely, MO. However, Arts would probably be my first choice.

4. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

After doing an dandy job rebuilding my 90-T, I had Doug Braker (aka GunDr) rebuild a Citori trap doubles gun for me. He did a dandy job on it too.

Doug Braker

Doug's Gunsmithing Shop

3929 8th Street NW

Backus, MN. 56435

218-947-3600

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

6. chemist

chemist Member

Art has my XT combo for a rebuild and stock redo. Sent 1/17 - should be back this week- they did have weather problems that delayed it- understandable since he is in tornado alley- he came highly recommended on the site so I went with him. He was cordial when I called to check the progress. Will report my satisfaction when it gets here.
    Shooter at the club sent his Citori to Browning for a cracked stock- long repair and not happy with their service. Another just sent his new XT back as it would not close without great effort-bought it from Guns Unlimited -but was told to send it back to Browning at his cost- he was told 17 weeks-

each person has their own experiences-

FYI

Rich K. chemist

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Our own, Doug Braker, does excellent work on Brownings..

8. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

Doug Braker has rebuilt 2 BT-99's for me.

One of them he nickel plated the receiver, forend iron, and blued the barrel. It was a beat to death POS that he turned into a real nice gun.

He is a super nice and honest gentleman to deal with. Couldn't be happier with all aspects of his work.

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the different choices from all of you. I have passed the info on to my friend. Thanks again and break em all Jeff

10. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

I have personally stood next to Art at his workbench while he has clean and adjusted a Double Auto, A5, and a Superposed on separate occasions without even an appointment. I also had an A5 reblued and the work was superb. I just picked up a SPII from MGW in Pevely, MO that was in for a rebuild/tighten of O/U which looks good however I have not test fired myself yet. If I have any issues with my Brownings I will return to Art without hesitation.

11. plux001

plux001 Member

Wish I had been at Art's, standing there watching them work on my gun.

Try Doug Braker.

As always, ymmv.

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

arts gun shop or midwest gunworks

cost to rebuild browning a5
rebuild browning xt
rebuilding a browning citori
rebuilding browning citori
when to rebuild a browning citori