1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who for Parker Restoration?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by dolphin77, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I have a wonderful old Parker, DH 16ga, Damascus, 0 frame...I'm either going to sell it or have it restored, and hopefully replace the double triggers with a single...who would anyone recomend for the restoring...? Thanks, WC

2. pdq

pdq Member

0   0   0

Where are you located? Many highly qualified people to consider.

Restoring a D grade Parker with Damascus barrels and changing to a single trigger is like restoring a Packard and then dropping a Chevy engine into it. Unless your plan is to destroy it's value, keep with your plan to restore it, not modify.

Pete

3. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Expensive proposition. The gun has quite a bit of value. Sell it.

4. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

OK...I have emailed and/or talked with several people that deal with Parkers and the price they suggest runs from $3900 to $5900...I would not sell the gun for less...I realize that there may not be a market for them at that price, but I won't consider less, so please don't tell me I'm crazy, etc...If I did sell it it would be to buy a Parker Repro...Thanks, WC

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Post pictures. You may get your price right here.

6. blazer1

blazer1 TS Member

0   0   0

Gun works of central NY, located in Rome, NY is one of the best for Parkers, Winchester model 12 and 21's.
    Ask for either Henry.

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

Turnbull...

8. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

Pete, converting any Parker to a Miller single trigger is an up grade, not butchering. I have 2 Parker single trigger assemblies on my work bench that are worth about $1,000 apice. But spending the money to get that DH Damascus barrel parker restored would be a waste of money unless it had sentimental worth to you. I was told years ago by a Parker collector who once owned a Invincible grade among other rare Parkers that a 90% + original condition Parker is worth more then any 100% restored one including ones put out by Delgrego or Turnbull.

9. Customstox

Customstox Member

0   0   0

Pete Mazur, 530-268-2412, jprest@sbbmail.com Pete does incredible work and is a regular member (Juried membership) in the American Custom Gunmakers Guild (as is Doug Turnbull). I have seen a lot of his finished work at our annual exhibition and the before pictures and the transformations were remarkable. would also pay close attention to what Toolmaker said. Get the prices and the current value and do the math.

10. harpo

harpo TS Member

0   0   0

had a vh 16 redone by larry del grego about 5 years ago very happy with the results and felt the price was fair

11. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

For those of you who never seen a Miller trigger.
    toolmaker251_2008_03037.jpg

12. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I am glad you are not in charge of my mutual funds! Tom Rhoads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.