1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who For Model 12 Wood Refinishing

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Feist Hunter, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feist Hunter

Feist Hunter TS Member

Can anyone recommend a refinisher that they had work on their M-12 furniture? I would like to have one refinished and the checkering repointed. I have searched the threads and checked out Wright`s and Art`s websites but am checking for other options. Thanks.

WtoW

2. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I would appreciate the same info.

3. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Call Joel Etchens Guns, SW PA. 724-238-0332. Ask for Mark.

AJ100

4. Bridger

Bridger Member

I had Wrights do one for me last winter and they did a fabulous job. I couldn't have been more pleased with the results.

5. Feist Hunter

Feist Hunter TS Member

Did you send them the entire gun, or just the wood Bridger? Did they touch up the checkering also?

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I have had several sets of wood redone by Molly at Wright's. She does excellent work!! Yes, she will repoint the checkering as well as refinish. You only need to send the wood.

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

7. mirage1

mirage1 Member

I had good luck in the past with Simmons Gun Specialities.
    Joe

8. Bridger

Bridger Member

Wood to wood:I sent Wrights the entire gun as I needed a new chamber ring. The wood on my gun was afermarket and had an inletting problem that needed to be corrected. The wood on this stock had very good figure but much of it was hidden by a dark stain.Wrights corrected the inletting, recut the checkering and refinished the stock in a clear finish. The before and after difference was amazing.I'm sure there are others who could do a good job too but I was very happy with the way this turned out. It was gone a couple of months but the wait was well worth it.

9. hunter870

hunter870 Member

I had Nuline do a very nice job for me on a Model 12 refinish. I sent the entire gun, as I was having other work done, but the wood work was excellent. I didn't have the checkering recut, so I can't comment on that part.

10. Feist Hunter

Feist Hunter TS Member

Thanks for all of the suggestions folks. I have had Wright`s redo a M-12 Trap for me in the past and the work was perfect - I was hoping I could get this done for less than 400+, but I guess you get what you pay for.

WtoW

11. blaster

blaster Member

Roger EuBanks is the man. He can restamp All the letters. He goes though 10 m12 a week and has the parts for them right there. 1 208 337 4212

12. Feist Hunter

Feist Hunter TS Member

How about Glenrock Blueing? I have seen good reviews on their blue jobs, how about their wood finshing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.