1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who else for Winchester restores/work?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SShooterZ, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Seeing the damning story continue to grow against Andy's shop, I was wondering who else would be a good alternative.

Got an old M12 16ga I was thinking of adding a rib to and having a refresh done. Don't want to spend a ton of money but I don't even know who I would send it to.

There was a guy in WI that did them but I think he has since retired.

2. Urbans

Urbans Member

Wright's in Pickneyville Ill. is outstanding, if you are redoing the gun, do it right.

3. atashooter

atashooter Member

4. larryjk

larryjk Member

If you are thinking of adding a rib to a model 12 Winchester, why would you consider anyone other than Simmons Gun Repair in Olathe, KS? They invented ventilated ribs for Model 12s. Goggle Simmons Gun Repair, or e-mail jimw@simmonsguns.com. They make them look as new and can go thru them. Another source for repair is Nu-Line. Nu-Line specializes in Winchesters.

5. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Simmons is under consideration but they polish the metal by machine and I've been told it rounds out the edges a bit. I also wanted the gun to be gone over mechanically to ensure its safe and ready to shoot.

Should be a nice little 16ga pheasant gun if/when I get it done.

6. Bridger

Bridger Member

I had Wrights do some refinish work done on my Model 12 last winter. Very nice people to deal with, good turnaround time and the work was very nicely done especially the wood refinish. I'd use them again without hesitation. I've also seen a Model 12 recently done by Simmons where they added a rib and reblued the barrel and that also appeared to be nicely done but I honestly didn't look at it that closely. I know the reblue on my gun left all the lettering intact and no rounded edges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.