1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who else can cut down pickets on rib

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cecritz, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cecritz

cecritz Member

just cutting down the pickets will not change point of impact you must change the angle of the pickets to change POI I went to hobbie store and bought a 30"stick of balsa 3/8 rib width x 1/2 height and cut height at angle to adjust POI and shot at pattern board until I got the POI I wanted then I contacted Vickie Keen at Keen sights and had her duplicate it and added it to my existing rib it takes a litte time but it takes the guessing out of it use the beaded stick-pins for beads and attach with black tape for patterning once you find the correct angle you could probally have someone cut your pickets and avoid using add on rib

2. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

Sounds like by the time this is all paid for, you could add an adj. rib and do it yourself. I saw someone who had Brownings adj. rib from a Plus gun put on their barrel. It looked awesome and they said it worked perfect. Steve

3. simmonsguns

simmonsguns TS Member

Setting POI with our rib is simple when we know what is wanted.
    It is all a matter of 1/16's of an inch difference in adjustment when the pins are cut.
    As long as other factory pins are dove-tailed to the rib, we can re-cut the posts and re-set the POI, it all depends on who you want it to shoot 50/50 is a flat rib, 60/40,70/30,80/20. It's all in the 1/16's.
    You can e-mail or call the shop any time you like. 913-782-3131 ext. 103 ask for John.
    Thank you, Paul Salchow.

flabigpapa thanked this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.