1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who does work on Superposed ribs?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by napawino, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napawino

napawino TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hi,
    I have a Browning Field Grade Lightning in 12GA with a loose rib. Only the first 4" of the rib are loose. The gun was made in 1963 and I just noticed the rib was slightly loose. Should I get it fixed or keep shooting it? Who does work on these guns and can fix the rib?
    Fred

2. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

fix it Call Arts Gun Shop. theit website address is artsgunshop.com and has a price list on it. for brownings he's the best. Joe

3. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Do not, under any circumstances send it to Browning in Arnold, MO. I sent my wife's Lightning there for the same problem. They sent me an estimate of $700 plus to re-attach the rib and do some BS repair on the forestock iron fitting. I told them to re-attach the rib and do nothing else. Seven months later we got the gun back. It looked good for a few weeks, then I noticed some rust on both sides of the rib ramp. It turns out the rib was loose for about 1/2 inch and the blueing salts were still active underneath. Shooting oil under pressure from one side to the other underneath the rib stopped the rust, but some damage was already done.

Buz

4. Wentez

Wentez Member

Info- before he retired and set up his own gun shop Art was the foreman of the repair shop for Browning. His work is the best and his prices are fair.

George Wentz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.