1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

who does the best work on Adj Combs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 7771, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7771

7771 Active Member

I need a adjustable comb installed and I was wondering who does the best work, and for a reasonable price. anything helps me out.
    Thank you

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The pics and praise that satisfied customers here have posted of Tron's work is enough to suggest you give him consideration.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

x2 what Brian said. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to let Tron do work on my stocks.

4. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

Tron Space> he has done several for me. Quick turnaround, reasonble priced and everyone was absolutely poerfect. One of mine is on his website, the pink one for a model 12. If youd like any other info dont hesitate to ask. alex Kotter superior wisconsin

5. 7771

7771 Active Member

thanks guys!!!

6. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Jack West is the Best!

Hit 'em hard,

John

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

There are a lot of guys with excellent reputations who do excellent work.

Ken Rucker of Speedbump Stockworks, Todd Nelson of Country Gentlemen Gunfitters, Graco, Rod's Custom Stocks, Jack West, and a host of others.

But as others have noted above, I don't think you will get better work or better service than what you will get from fellow trapshooters.com forum member Tron.

He has done an adjustable comb and a recoil pad for me, so I can say firsthand, the work was impeccable.

See the link.

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Don't forget to ask for a certificate of insurance. I know of a shooter who had the stock on a brand new K-80 destroyed. All he was having done, was the installation of a kick-ezz. The gun smith had zero insurance. The stock was split during installation of the wood nuts.

Phil Berkowitz

10. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

Good call on the insurance. I just got my bill for my premium yesterday. that is certainly something I would ask for if it is a high dollar gun.

Courtney

11. steele

steele TS Member

Courtney,
    I got insurance after you gave that shirt, just in case someone saw it & died from laughter/shock/disbelief!!! Butch from PGH

12. high 2

high 2 Member

Good point on the ins. People don`t take into account why some prices may be a little higher. The cheapest for sure doesn`t mean the best.
    Larry

13. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

It might depend on what kind of gun and what style of comb you want.

14. revbook

revbook Member

15. Pointer

Pointer TS Member

Ruck (Speedbump Stockworks)

16. mflora

mflora Member

Ruck is great.

17. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

I'd say Tron, Ruck, and High2. High2 (Larry Garroutte) makes a different cut on his combs and I think they look really cool. Also, he is the best stock finisher I've ever seen. I swear he is a magician

18. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok as far as me in the past I like the cut that Hollinsworth done on the stock but he is gone now also he was local for me, but then Tron started doing gun work and I have met him in person and even though in the past years on trapshooters'com he has been a Troll at first when he was still wearing his Pink TuTu! well I have heard a story in the past he wasn't going to hang around very long but then he converted to be a Trap Shooter and decided to play along even if he did wear his pink skirt on the squad with me at the state shoot!

Anyway Tron is a Professional person in real life and im sure online he might be a bit different but im sure in the past most had to see what he had to say im that way also online you would expext the same if you met me in person but im quite the opposite in my case it is because I can hear better thru the internet than I can in real life so I don't talk that much in real life.

Ok I don't know all the names listed above but im sure they all do good jobs all I can talk about is of Tron I saw his setup and his before and after work when he invited me the last time I shot at the Michigan State shoot to a cook out.

I hate to ruin his image on trapshooters but in real life he is a nice guy.

Foggy!!

19. Alamo

Alamo Member

Ken Rucker (Bumpbuster) did such a good job on my Ljutic that I wouldn't think of recommending anyone else. Good turn around time also.

20. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

Tron and kitty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.