1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHO DOES THE BEST ADJUSTABLE COMBS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 121083, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 121083

121083 Member

I know that this question has been asked many times but when I search it I get whole lot of unrelated stuff. So I will ask it again. I am in Central Nebraska and I need some one to do an adjustable comb on my new Browning Special Trap Edition and a left handed 870 TB trap. I don't mind sending the stocks off so as long as its not to far away I will ship them. Always had Greg Hissem do this before and was devastated when I found out he had retired. Thanks for your info in advance. Bob.

2. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

Rods Custom Stocks period Richie

3. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

Another vote for Tron. I have seen some of the work he does and I have heard many great things about him and his cat. All the best.

J.F.

4. cf4952

cf4952 Member

Hard to beat the work/service Joe (Tron) delivers.

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I'll jump in here and also vouch for Tron's/Joe's work. He does very good work and it doesn't leave his shop unless it is right. He's done work for people on this site for over 3 years now and no bad words to be heard.

TronSpace Gunworks

Joseph L. Bowles

Telephone: (248) 884-1577

E-mail: joe@tronspace.com

6. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

I have always had Dave Berlet, New Knoxville, Ohio do my work. Outstanding quality and service. You will not be unhappy. Check delivery time and price. Dave is very reasonable. You can contact him at 419-753-2557. His email address is DSBERLET@NKTELCO.NET

7. max trap

max trap Member

One of the best is right in your state. Jim Gelline, in Lincoln, 402 440 2994.

8. revbook

revbook Member

Met up with Joe (Tron) at his shop on Friday afternoon to have stock work done on my 1100 trap gun. What a great guy! Spent a few hours with me talking about trap, showing me his club down the road, introducing me to his friends at Great Lakes Sporting Arms and invited me to come back sometime to shoot some trap with him, which I fully intend to do. By the way, we also spent some time discussing my stock! Joe is adjusting the LOP, adding an adjustable butt plate and comb. He called me tonight to tell me it was done and would ship out tomorrow. He gave me instructions on how to reinstall the stock back on the gun and even provides the allen wrench. If that's not service I don't know what good service is! Can't wait to see the finished product. I'll post pictures when I get it back.

Don Newton
    Pittsburgh, PA

9. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

AS others have said, Tron. I was very happy with the work he did on my Perazzi.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Speaking of Tron, does he make custom stocks?

11. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Cast one vote for Tom Larkin

12. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

J.S. Aircushion in So-Calif., Azusa, does excellent work. In fact, one of my guns is there now getting the adjustable comb treatment. I also am sure that Tron's work is also excellent. Too bad he is so far from So-Calif.

An added bonus, maybe just a rumor, but I have heard that "Kitty", Tron's mascot and pet, will bite him if something is being sent out that doesn't quite meet their high standards.

13. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Larry Wehinger. Monroe, Wis. Fine craftsman. Look in Trap and Field for his particulars.

15. 687 Trap

687 Trap Member

I just had Keith Heeg do one for me on my TM 1. He did excellent work. Plus he was easy to communicate with and did exactly what I wanted. Price was very fair. He uses his own hardware and quality of hardware appears to be top notch. I mailed it on a Tuesday and was shooting the gun the next Tuesday. Pretty good turnaround I would say!!! It sounds like we shooters are lucky and there are several good stock people out there for us to chose.

Ron

16. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I second the vote for Keith Heeg. He's at most big shoots in MI at the MTA and Ohio at Cardinal Ctr. 1-517-881-7334

Jeff

17. Steve R

Steve R Member

Post 1 Competition Stocks of Rushville Mo does excellent work. Aslo does the adjustable combs for the BT-99-AR of Monsoor's Sport Shop.

Steve Ricketts

18. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Tron (the) Legacy.

Danny

19. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Ken Rucker - Speedbump Stockworks

20. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

There may be several guys that do good work but TRON is a great guy that does superb work at a resaonable price. He is on here all the time so he is very easy to reach and knows his work will be discussed here for all to see. Never seen anyone not satisfied with Joe's work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.