1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who does quick turn around on K-80 release

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoke-um, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

Looking for quick turn around on K-80 double releases would like to have Allem roller release but 14 weeks is a little too much.

2. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Alamo in San Antonio. Great to deal worth and timely. Allen

3. ScottEslick

ScottEslick Member

Not sure where your located but you can take it to Krieghoff in PA, I took my KS 5 in and walked out the same day, great service.

Scott

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

QUICK, or GOOD, choose one.

Send it to Krieghoff.

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Krieghoff and it's warranted by them. All others, maybe not!!

6. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Allor

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

You know, there's probably a good reason why Allem's needs 14 weeks to complete your job and it isn't because they want it to take that long. I would wait for my slow shooting season and send it then - you'll be glad you waited for a great design that is owner-adjustable, converts back to good pull triggers so easily and is the smoothest release I've ever used.

I used to have a Model 32 with K-80 hammers, trigger and Krieghoff releases. They worked well, I thought, but when I removed the release plates and pins so my son could shoot the gun, the pull triggers were so bad that it cost $450 (at Ottsville) to have them straightened out. With the Allem Roller Release, you just remove the rollers for pull and reinstall them (one screw each) for release.

Here's a photo of the Allem releases in a Beretta. The first photo is of a friend's receiver with factory pull triggers and mine with the releases. The second is a close-up of another receiver where you can see the roller mechanism detail. As you can see, the pull trigger sears are unaltered.

averaged_2008_0303252.jpg

averaged_2008_0303251.jpg

Ed

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

When you're relegated to having one 'smith (li'l Johnny) in house doing all the work you can exprct to wait forever!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.