1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who does jeweling

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by snkypete, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snkypete

snkypete Member

I would like to have a bolt and carrier on a Model 12 jeweled. Who would I contact to do the job? Gunsmith? Engraver? Any ideas as to approximate cost?
    Aynbody have any experience having this done? Any help you can give will be appreciated.

Thanks - Richard L.

2. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

He is in Missouri, the DEEP south. Central Time Zone.

Mike

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Richard- It is a very simple job that any gunsmith should be able to do. A small wooden dowel works much better than the rubber or wire tips that are commonly sold. If you have a drill press and some small pieces of scrap iron/steel, send me a PM.

Pat Ireland

4. chuckles

chuckles Member

SuperX Model 1 bolt...$35.00 plus USPS charges, same price for Carrier ...

Email me with a picture of bolt and carrier if interested and we can discuss.

regards

Chuck

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Chuckles has done a beautiful job and for the money not worth doing yourself. Years ago I did my Mdl 12, turned out very well and was interesting to do. I seemed to have more time then, that was before computers. LOL I suspect that Pat has done some in the past also from his comment. Good luck and have fun, Bob

6. chuckles

chuckles Member

Typical Carrier jewelling...Super X Model 1 again

regards

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Try the eraser end of a standard #2 pencil with clover compound on a drill press. Works great.

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

shot410ga - The reason I prefer a wood dowel and cutting compound is that the rubber eraser will bend a little making a crooked line and can actually get larger with a little pressure. This is the type of job where a person has to learn a technique that works best for him.

Pat Ireland

9. Maner

Maner TS Member

Marlette does some beautiful jeweling, real even but he does it with a milling machine.

10. snkypete

snkypete Member

Thanks to all who replied. I have what I need to move on to the next step. Really appreciate the help.It is amazing what you can learn on this site.

Thanks - Richard L.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.