1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?*?*?*?* Who Does Cera Kote *?*?*?*?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Barry C. Roach, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Help.

2. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

0   0   0

you do it yourself. Brownell sells it and do it in your oven. . Or take it to the Papa Johns if its the barrel

3. Barry C. Roach

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Who's Papa John's, ricks1?

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

0   0   0

that the pizza place they have the big ovens LOL rick

5. Barry C. Roach

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

That's a good one. I like their pies. : > )

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Barry. I found this on a search. Based on this, you may want to go with Doug Braker's teflon. Very durable stuff. I have it on this bbl for sale. $250

[​IMG]

I found this on the web.

[​IMG]

Along with this copy from some forum type guy. Maybe one of us... ya think?

Well, I just banged the end of the barrel of this one off my old Lyman Orange Crush reloading press when unloading from a range trip looked at the mark and it rubbed right off with my thumb. So, pretty pleased but it's less thane a year old. I didn't have any of the moving parts coated so can't offer any help there. CAS (from here) did mine and I was very pleased with the service. IIRC this was midnight black. This is an earlier photo and I sent the rings in for coating also and that is included in the price.

7. Barry C. Roach

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

MIA,

Thanks. I've done a lot of research on the subject of gun coatings and have concluded that the CeraKote is pretty hard to beat.

It has no lubricating characteristic but I'm not putting it on any moving parts or bearing surfaces except the trunion pockets on my Mx15 barrel and rib.

I know that Doug is an excellent smithy but I want to try this stuff, at least once. I found a gunsmithing service in Paducah, KY but I've never heard of them and I thought I could find one of our great circuit smithy's that may have experience doing this coating. Appreciate your help. Barry

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You could try Black Cote Inc., located in Liverpool, PA. (web address above). The owner does most of the work himself, his work is very good and his prices are very reasonable. I had him redo a Remington Model 700 receiver for me to match a Leupold scope (much like what Jack posted above). He charged me $25, which included bead-blasting the gloss-blued parts to a matte surface before black oxide-coating them. He did the bolt lugs and handle but the jeweled barrel of the bolt was left uncoated. The job was completed in a week.

I've shot that rifle quite a bit and the coating is holding up well, even on the points of the checkering on the bolt handle knob.

Ed

9. abcd

abcd Member

0   0   0

We coat with KG products , 20 colors avaiable , any texture , much better than blueing , this product i s MIL SPec coating, This a phosphate based ,polycarbon finish , turnaround time 1 week ,Lyons Gunsmithing

10. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have two guns done in the same process that Doug's uses, one of them Doug did. It is a tuff coating, it should be noted this is not done in house and is sent to an industrial coater. It is also the same coating used on Kimber guns. My older project turned post three years old this year. No issues.

GS

11. BigJohn270

BigJohn270 Member

0   0   0

I have had Kampfeld Custom do work for me and I am very happy with his work.

here is a link:
    http://www.kampfeldcustom.com/

12. Barry C. Roach

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks for the info Big John. I'll check them out.

13. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

0   0   0

I've had one done here and will be sending another for hard chrome this winter.
    They also do CeraKote
    http://www.apwcogan.com/

14. biff

biff Active Member

0   0   0

Had mine done at www.hoosierguncoat.net and have been very pleased. It sure is rugged and everyone thinks it's a stainless gun; I had it done in the satin aluminum. You can check out their site and the services they offer. Biff

15. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Ross, how does it compare to Ionbond?

16. abcd

abcd Member

0   0   0

We do cera coat and teflon coating

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.