1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who do you think will win the 100K

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by W.P.T., Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The idea of Bill and LeAnn Martin actually putting up a $100,000 as the Grand prize is one thing, it will be fun to predict who you think might be lucky enough or have what it takes to actually enter and win such a generous prize and why ... This is free, but you only get one pick ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Can't do just one. I think it will depend on what kind of day either Harlan or Leo has on that particular day. Seems both are machines at crushing targets. This could no doubt bring out all the big dogs, so it could be a long, long day if they all go straight.

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I bet it's not you or me WPT. LOL, Shoot well in good health big guy. LOL, Bob

4. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

I can't come up with a name, however I predict this prize will be won by a less popular shooter ( I say less popular, but certainly not less gifted or capable) I think it will be someone other than Harlan or Leo. When it get's a little closer I will go to the basement and look in to my crystal ball and tell you for sure.

5. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Ok, I will bet. I will bet $100.00 that a 27 yard shooter wins it. I will give whoever bets against me all the rest of the yardage groups. To take me up on my bet you must post your name and ATA number on this thread.

Mark Rounds

6. shootman

shootman TS Member

LEO !

7. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Mark Rounds,

I would like to take you up on your bet. I will let you know in August where to send the money. LOL

Ron Burdick

ATA # 3703782

8. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

OK, Ron

it is on record.

Mark Rounds

ATA # 8006892

9. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

i think dan bonillas will be at the grand this year.i could be wrong but that is who i am picking. if phil ross was in good health & still shooting his 375 dollar model 12 i would have picked him. dwain

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Leo, Harlan, Dave Kelly, or any one of the top 20....or

Some new 20 yarder will sandbag all year and practice. He'll then run 100 straight on one of the handicaps, and drop targets on the other handicaps so he doesn't get more yardage before the shootoff.

For $100,000 people will get creative. They may have announced it too early?

11. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Phil Kiner.

12. dustmaker

dustmaker Member

Leo, just because he probably has shot more shootoff targets than anyone else.

13. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

OK Bill..... I am going to go with a shooter that I honestly think has a great chance to win that purse. 27 yarder, Californian, David Kelly. Dave has been on fire for some time now, and, if he stays on course, I think he has a great shot at it. For those that don't know Dave, he was the HAA at the PITA Grand Pacific last year. Great shooter, and an even greater guy to be around..... Just my opinion.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

14. The Stive

The Stive Member

Don't care. John

15. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Setterman

How right you are! There are plenty of wheels turning on how to win the prize legally and illegally.

The deal is...you can only break 100 targets, not 101 and that leads way to the best shooters in the country to at least tie for any of the nine wins. Then the shootoffs start for each event which in itself could go many rounds just determine a winner of that event.

This repeats itself nine times, Then those nine shoot it off for the eventual winner. It would surprise me to see anyone other than a 27 yarder in last standing nine.

Mark

16. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Carl N. Chadwell,

If he can find time off work.
    Carl has the talent, mind set and experience.

17. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Last year 7 of the nine handicaps were won with score of 100. Other 2 with 99. Go to RJ Stuart and look at earned yardage for last year. Average Joe going to have his hands full winning an event with 99 or 100 then winning shootoff for that event and then winning big shootoff. Tough call on picking winner. Harrison, Campbell, Hawley, Stafford, hard to say.

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

D Verna and Tron will hire hookers to distract the Brinks Guards. During the shoot off, they will crawl under the Brinks truck and burn a hole through the floor with Tron's Adjustable comb etching tool. They'll grab the cash and drive home to Michigan and make a $98,000 donation to the MTA just prior to the Fall Team Shoot. Their pictures will be placed in the MTA Hall of Fame.

$1,000 a piece goes to the Hookers.

19. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

HA HA HA...sounds like a plan. I think I'll put in my application for a Brinks job.!

20. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I think the one to win....will be the only one to not miss in the shootoff...what did you expect?

Rick in Mt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.