1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHO DO THE ALL AMERICANS TURN TO WHEN IN A SLUMP?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    i was watching golf recently on tv and they mentioned when a pro golfer goes into a slump, they turn to someone for help with their game. any one know where the all americans go if they are in a slump? also who do the guys and gals go to, that put on teaching clinics? where do they go for help?? the way these all americans shoot, it is hard to believe that they go into any slumps for any extended period of time. the only pro athlete i can remember is golfer robert duvall? seems like he forgot how to golf one day. can this happen to shooters at this high level?
    steve balistreri

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Simone:
    A slump to me is shooting in the 80's.
    Steve

3. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

That's easy, they turn to Piddy of course.

4. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Spook!

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

The top shooters do have slumps. Just like the rest of us, they talk to others about their problems in hope of getting advice and/or sympathy.

I have talked with several top shooters about problems they have had. One important thing I have learned is that when they have problems, it most frequently involved not seeing the target well.

When I have a slump, I change all sorts of things such as foot position, shells, gun mount, gun hold, etc. When the best shooters have problems, they work on seeing the target better. There might be a lesson in this for us.

Actually seeing the target well is easy. It is also easy to keep your head down on the stock. But, it is not easy to do both of these things at the same time.

Pat Ireland

Pat Ireland

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Some of you will probably laugh at this but I normally shoot around 94 from the 20 and recently went to around 84. My favorite gun was out for repairs but I normally could shoot the same scores with a B80 or my 390. I got my 686 back from repair and my average is back up to a 94 yesterday. Some things are just hard to figure. Jackie B.

By the way, I am all American only part indian. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.