1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who can work on Iver Johnson Special Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bushmaster1313, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Anyone qualified to take apart and clean an Iver Johnson Special Trap. I want someone who knows what they are doing because I am told that this gun is difficult to work with. Ideal gunsmith would also be able to reblue receiver and rebrown barrel.

Thank you

Lou

Here she is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Cleaning is not an issue here.

Unless the rib is soft soldered on, I think you are working backwards as from your post of......

""Anyone qualified to take apart and clean an Iver Johnson Special Trap. I want someone who knows what they are doing because I am told that this gun is difficult to work with. Ideal gunsmith would also be able to reblue receiver and rebrown barrel.""

The actions on those are a casting that turns red in the blue tank, while the barrel should come out very black.

AL Lingham

3. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

Al:

Page 15 of the 1932 Iver Johnson catalog, reproduced at page 146 of the Conely book on American Single Barrel Trap guns, described the barrel as "full choke, highly polished and browned." It also specifies a "blued frame." I do not doubt that you could be correct, but this is what is printed in the Conley book.

In any event, I would like to find someone qualified to open it up and give it a good cleaning.

Lou

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

iver johnson special trap shotgun

iver johnson trap special