1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who can thread for Perazzi chokes?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Guy, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy

Guy Member

Does anybody do it.....Briley will thread only for their chokes.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Stu Wright can and will.

Matt

3. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

briley is only threading for their chokes? this is because there probably isnt enough barrel wall thickness for perazzi style choke tubes. have you had your barrel thickness measured? Thinwall tubes is what it will probably only accept.

Jason in PA

4. Guy

Guy Member

I'll email Wrights...thx.

I have untouched factory barrels....bores .729.....choked .32 and .40. Barrel OD .810......it's got some different factory chokes than I've ever seen.....the taper runs 4" down to the parallel, which is 1" long to the muzzle. The guy at Briley came this close to calling me a liar.....but I've mic'd 'em many times.

Bore ID at about 2" in is about .715....so that makes wall thickness about .047 minimum.....060 max.

How about somebody mic the OD of your late model O/U barrels with factory tubes.

Thanks.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

WGH

Why do you want to mess with the barrel? Is it not doing what you want it to?

Its your gun, after all, but I'd think twice before messing with it.

6. Guy

Guy Member

Normally I would not ever have choke tubes....but I want the second barrel to shoot 120% high.....so it's either have an eccentric choke tube made, or buy a Kolar or Kreighoff.

7. Stuart

Stuart Member

WGH, Perazzi Generation 2 chokes measure .805 OD. Generation 3 and Big Bore measure .825 OD.
    I haven't figured out how to get them into a Barrel that measures .810 OD. It would look butt ugly when I got finished with the welder.
    If you are attempting to raise the POI with choke tubes, don't.
    I have spent too mush money making sure we install chokes true to the bore.
    I will not put one in crooked.
    Thanks
    Stu Wright

8. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

WGH,

There's only one guy I trust with my barrels and that's Jim Eyster.

http://www.jimeyster.com/

Send him an email with your needs jimeyster@ecr.net

Good Luck,
    TNCoach

9. Guy

Guy Member

Stu: I don't want the tubes installed eccentric.....I want the tubes installed normally (concentric), and the choke cut eccentric in the tube.....and if I'm going to put those nasty things in my barrel, I would prefer Perazzi tubes.

Still would like to know OD on gen.4 tubed barrels. Anybody?

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Stu knows his stuff. Mr. Eyster does as well.

11. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

WGH: my Perazzi MX-11 c/t bbls. measure .995" at the muzzle, .796 at forend, C/Ts have. 827" o.d. Hope that helps. In fact, Kolar made me an eccentric tube for the bottom bbl. out of a spare #10, opened up to.022 constriction. These are gen 4 18.4 tubes

12. EuroJoe

By the way , you can't change the POI with an eccrentric tube by much, 6-8 inches at 30 yards or so.

13. Smiley

Smiley Member

Before I fiddled with these barrels talk to someone that regulates chokes as with what you are describing is probably the absolute best configuration you can get long taper then a parallel bore before exit as to changing the POI probably the only way to do this is to pull the barrels apart and alter the web between the barrels
    JMHO Paul

14. Guy

Guy Member

Joe: If your barrels mic .995, and mine are .810, then I'd say factory tubes are out. Shit.

15. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

This is from a 18.4 mm factory bore barrel with factory 4th generation choke tubes:

OD @ muzzle: .903

OD @ forearm: .895

16. EuroJoe

with a backbore job, Eyster cane set the choke to shoot pretty much where you want it. I had a TM-1 once that he had b.bd to .736, and the choke was set so high that no one could hit anything with it, including me. I went to his shop on the way to a pigeon shoot and spent 4 hours and $195 to have him work it down to concentric with the bore, I lost about .006 constriction, still had .028, worked pretty good after that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.