1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who can straighten or shorten a barrel for me

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sootballs, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sootballs

sootballs Member

I have a stainless BT100 barrel that has about a 15 degree bend and kink to the left. Is it possible to straighten this out? If so, who can do it? If not, who can cut it down and put a tube in it?
    Thanks,
    Jim

2. guncase

guncase TS Member

Jim,,, just shoot 15o to the right,,,,, should be no problem for a man of your talents!!! Paul

3. almost unemployed

almost unemployed TS Member

I would think a 15 degree kink would make the barrel useless. See link. The woman in top picture is propped up 15 degrees. Is that about what you have? How did it get in that condition? Inquiring minds want to know.

4. sootballs

sootballs Member

I was having trouble with my lefts from station 1 so I thought I'd give it a little bend. Now I'm having a heck of a time with the rights from station 5.
    Seriously, it is bent that much which also put a slight kink in the barrel so I have my doubts about straightening it. The previous owner said he accidentally slammed the trunk on it, but I'm not so sure.
    Hey Paul, do you make a guncase with a slight bend to the left?
    Thanks,
    Jim

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Nice to see you are back doing a little shooting Jim. Try Briley, they shortened and tubed a K-32 barrel for me. Bill Malcolm

6. sootballs

sootballs Member

Thanks Bill. I'm thinking about doing a little shooting again next year. My son is 9 and I think he's ready to start.

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that Jim, I hope you and the young lad enjoy the time you spend together shooting. I have missed seeing your weekly gun deals. Bill Malcolm

8. sootballs

sootballs Member

No thanks on the press, I'd never feel comfortable with it if I did it myself.

Hi Jerry, I.ve been working on my Poker game but haven't shot in a long time. It will be awhile before I make it to Vegas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.