1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who can repair my Frigon Trap gun?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by joelcramer, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joelcramer

joelcramer TS Member

I have the Frigon FT1 and it gets the occasional light primer hit. It dents the primer but does not set it off. This is starting to happen more often and is getting annoying.

2. magic

magic Member

Is it the brand Frigon or is it your "frigon" (I'd use another word, thanks for keepin your cool) shotgun.......

Just wondering.

JASON

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, it's been awhile since I've seen a Frigon, but weren't they made by Gamba?

Doug

4. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

Contact A R "Frenchy" Frigon (785)632-3229. I believe the Mirrochi company made them for him.

Mike

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Mike,

That very well could be a Marocchi.

Joel,

Finding Marocchi parts here in the USA, is slim to none. I now have a contact in Italy that has been sending me parts for Marocchi O/U shotguns. If the gun is a Marocchi, I have mainsprings, firings pins, and firing pin return springs. Not too many though. I just recently recieved a new top lever from Italy. Marocchi has asked me if I could be their contact here in the USA for shot gun repairs. I said yes.

Give Frigons a call. If the gun is in fact a Marocchi, and he does not have parts, you can send it to me and I should be able to take care of your problem.

Doug Braker

6. JJM

JJM Member

I think Frenchy sold all of his parts for those guns to Tom Larkin - Lakins Stock Shop out of MN. Do not have Tom's phone number, maybe some one here could give it to you.

7. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

The guns were made by Marocchi oif Italy. Mike is right. Contact Frenchy Frigon. He has parts and makes a much better after market hammer spring assy.

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

jjm:

Here is the info for Tom Larkin if joelcramer decides he needs it but if the Gun DR has them also then it looks like there is a couple of places to get it fixed then.

Foghorn

9. guncase

guncase TS Member

If you run into Phil,s Gunsmithing before you do Tom Larkin,, he also can fix it for you. Tom will be in Nebraska this week end! High Schoool shoot.

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

No, they could not have been made by Gamba.

I've worked on them, but their trigger internally are ... well, to be politically correct, NOT UP TO PAR.

I finally refused to work on them any longer because of liability issues.

They are really not a good gun for trap, IMHO.

WW

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Frenchy say's there made for him by Marocchi...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mirrochi hammer springs