1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Can Re-Do Checkering and Refinish P Gun Stock?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Remstar311, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Rick. I'll bet Jack (MIA) is your man. Check on of his many fs threads for his number.

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Thanks Remstar!! I think Jack uses Doug Braker. I wrote Jack asking for Doug's contact information.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I had 4 or 5 stocks done by Doug last winter and they all came out flawless. Adn he recheckered thm too. So, I would recommend Doug. But Doug is a guy that "gets things out-the-door". Adn gunstocks are hurry up and wait kinda deal. That is whay he mainly does wood in the winter (off-season by me an dhim)This is a Doug Braker total refinish-rechecker of the butt an dforend.

[​IMG]

Wish I still had this gun. this was one of my "put-together projects", It is a early Winchester TMS and it shot "lights out". I sold this gun fo rabout $2500 and had near that much in it. The gold trigger is another Doug Braker job. I still have that trigger as I keep it around fo rmy next TM1 or TMX to own as a "personal gun". But to all looking at this thread, this is what can be done to make a gun "whole" again.

TL, see if you can scout up that "Fittenger" fellow would you?

I had Phil Simms do smeo stuff for me too, and he is another I would recommend. But I iwould like to see smeo other hits on this thread as knowing about good gun finishers is part of what we need on TS.

jack

4. VNVET

VNVET Member

MIA,

That looks pretty nice from here. What type of finish, lacquer, poly, or ? What does something like that cost?

Jim

5. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

Winchester TMS - never seen one. I did a google search and didn't find anything. I'd be interested in a quick info lesson. That's a great looking gun by the way!

6. daydreamer1

daydreamer1 TS Member

ed haley gets my vote just the best and fast turnaround. his # 5413145369

7. white rattler

white rattler Member

Another nice looking P gun. Trevor Dawe.

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Tom Smith in Bowling Green, Ohio does nice work, and he needs the money. Both his daughters are geeting married this fall!

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Setterman why don't you supply the contact info for Tom? Bulge.

10. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rick... You have it a little backwards. The stock set needs to be refinished first and then the checkering re-cut after the refinishing job..... Dan Thome (Trap2)

11. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

sigraph it is a perazzi tms imported by winchester. if it a true tms perazzi the receiver will be marked tms instead of tm 1. i have a tms perazzi myself.dwain

12. joehunter

joehunter Member

Send it to Giacomo Sporting. Dan's brother Doug is a master at refinishing. You will not be disappointed.

Joey

13. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Jim Greenwood would do it if it were mine. http://www.greenwoodcustomstocks.com/custom.aspx

14. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Rick Cindy Devault does fabulous checkering call Dennis on Monday and he will let you know what the procedure is. 330-456-6070 or ask for Cindy she will most likely answer any way. Pat

15. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Stocker John Fittinger 503-668-1938. He is a great guy and will work with you as you need.

JON

16. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Tom Smith, 419-669-3504.

17. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Stocker John's info: Stocker John's Custom Gun Stocks, John Fittinger 503.668.1938 shop, 971.570.6597 cell,   thefittingers@earthlink.net 40776 S.E. Wildcat Dr., Eagle Creek, OR 97022 ......Bob Dodd

18. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Thanks for all the leads fellas. I am beginning to contact some of those you referred to me. A fellow TS.Comer is sending me a stock and forend gratis to use while mine is in "re-hab". This site certainly has some first class guys and gals on it. Again, Thanks, Rick~~~Texas

19. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Oh heck, if in Texas, you should chat with this fellow Texican: Speedbump Stockworks, Ken Rucker, 172 Redbird Lane, Sadler, TX 76264 phone = 903.523.5590 cell = 903.815.6535 www.speedbumpstockworks.com krucktx1100@cs.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

doug braker

how to rechecker a gun stock
how to rechecker gunstocks
where can i get my gun stock rechecked