1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who can put higher rib on old plain 870 barrel?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Oregunner, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

All it costs is money! How much are you willing to spend? See link. Mark

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Guys like Roger Eubanks can do it but it would be a lot easier to just buy a barrel with a rib already on it.

3. ZTWITHE

ZTWITHE Member

Add-a-Rib just came out with your solution. Called clamp-a-rib. Just clamps on. Don't know the pricing but they're surely less than $200. Almost makes me wanna put together another 870.....

4. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

hi i cansay that if you want it RIGHT call jay at moneymaker.heusualy puts 2 trial ribs on as he remachines the rib posts in adjusting for p.o.i.if you shoot reloads send him them to. he reribbed all my guns and believe me the competion is no were close to them. call jay and tell him what u want you wont be sorry. tell him you you heard it from howard and i go back when his dad ray was living. thnks for listing howard

5. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Money Maker is the way to go.. had 3 rib jobs done by them and all were done correctly and on time.

I have had nothing but problems with Simmons in the 2 I sent there and neither was ever right. The last one dragged out over a year with them having my gun for over 3 months.

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Jim Bies, Moose Sportsmans Club, has done just that!

1 inch balsa wood, stained black, nicely affixed with fine wire .

Calls it his Krieghoff K870...

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    As an alternative suggestion, why not start with a ribbed barrel and install an add-on rib made in the height you want? At least compare costs.