1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHO CAN I CALL TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

hELLO:
    after work tonight i stopped at OP FUELS which is Open Pantry to fill up my car with gas. i went inside to pay and also purchased a gallon of milk and a candy bar for my wife. the candy had a big sign infront of it for $1.59. i used my master card to pay and the kid rang up $1.99 for the candy bar. i told him the sign said $1.59. he said he could not give me a refund. i said take the candy bar off the bill then. he said he could not do that since he rang it up. i asked for the manager, he was not in. i asked for his name and ph# and the kid said he could give me his name but not the ph#. i never heard of something like this. who can i call to complain about this.
    steve balistreri

2. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

send me your address and I'll make you whole on the .40, in the spirit of the holidays.

3. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Steve,

Life is full of minor annoyances ... if you let them get to you your life will truly be miserable. Experiences like you had happen to all of us ... all the time! Let it go.

Glad to buy you a beer if we meet at a shoot, that will no doubt cover the 40 cents and I guarantee you will enjoy the beer and laugh at the stupid kid in the OP store!

I wish you and yours a blessed and Merry Christmas and a healthy 2009.

Bob Schultz

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The kid simply didn't know how to cancel the sale and start over - may have been instructed that way. If you must, I'd have the kid write and explanation on the receipt and take that to the manager or owner when convenient. Of course, you'll spend more than the loss going back, eh?.....Bob Dodd

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

For the price of only forty cents you now have yet another very interesting topic for Trapshootersdot.com...

6. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Go back when the manager's in.

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

senior smoke some seem to be giving you a hard time for what they deem to be forty cents. I say if every employee that can't do his job gets 40 cents from every one of his screw ups the company(Open Pantry depending how big they are)could turn a rather large profit.

If it had been me and I had the cash on me I would have paid for the gas in cash and told him I didn't want the milk or CB and left it for him to straighten out.

Bob Lawless

8. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

it is not the 40 cents i am worried about. this gas station use to be a citgo and it was run really well. a few weeks ago i went to buy a soda, it went from 89cents to $1.99. i asked the kid why such a drastic price increase? his answer was now that gas is so low, we need to make more of a profit. my wife just read what i was writing and she said if it bothers me so much, don't go there.
    steve

9. happy

happy Member

CAll the PAKISTANNI embassy because thats who owns most the pantry stores.

10. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

So everyone gives Steve grief because of .40.....but what if the kid made a $40 mistake instead of .40??? will you all be offering him a free beer (Bob) or offering to give him $39 to make up for the kids lack of smarts??.....I didn't think so

11. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

The solution is simple - find somewhere else to buy milk and candy, like maybe a grocery store. It's called a convienience store for a reason.

And I'm sure the "kid" working behind the counter had all of the in-depth knowledge of the store pricing policies and why they went up. Probably got it right off the memo from corporate that said "if anyone asks about the higher candy prices, tell them it because of the lower gas prices and our need to make more money".

Scott

12. Murray J. Ferguson

Murray J. Ferguson TS Member

But another bar for $1.19 and be a happy camper.

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Go find a chaplain and get your TS ticket punched.

Don

14. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

You will all be worrying about that 40 cents in days to come. Soon enough.

Good for you, Steve...you keep an eye on your wallet.

I would not go to that store anymore. I would also write a letter to that gas station's manager, and post it via regular mail. They should know why they are losing business. Make sure that you tell them that it's more the principle than it is the money, so they don't discount what you say (most people wouldn't understand the value of 40 cents).

15. shadow

shadow Active Member

Tell the kid to give you 40 cents out of his pocket, because that is where your money probably went. Hey, the register will balance out at the end of the shift that way.

16. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Watch the news on TV, listen to the radio news, read a newspaper, then decide how important your problem really is....if it still seems worth the effort, go back and talk to the manager, then never go back again. Be glad you're healthy enough to be able to eat a candy bar, be glad you have a car that runs and you can afford gas, be glad you don't have to go to the barn and milk twice a day, be glad a plane didn't fall on your house and kill all your family........

17. ivanhoe

scott calhoun

"The solution is simple - find somewhere else to buy milk and candy, like maybe a grocery store. It's called a convienience store for a reason."

Yes it is called a convenience store for a reason. Personally I don't consider it a convenience to go through what senior smoke went through. Anything I would ever think was convenient is a far cry from this scenario.

Bob Lawless

18. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Bob -

The convienince part of it has to do with having milk and candy bars available at the same place you want to buy gas. If anyone thinks you will get a high level of customer service at a place like that they would be mistaken.

Compare that to a store that actually is in business to sell milk and candy bars, that's where you go if you want good prices and quick resolution to a problem with your purchase.

Of course, that's just my experience.

Scott

19. 5spd

5spd TS Member

If they dont do anything after you talk to the mngr., then dispute the billing through your credit card company, let them take care of it.

20. ivanhoe

Scott I am not looking to make this a pi$$ing contest but if you honestly believe what you have said. Then I truly feel sorry for you.

"If anyone thinks you will get a high level of customer service at a place like that they would be mistaken."

From what I know about these stores the Gas is tied right into the system when the customer is done pumping his gas it is added to the register with one key touch. With that being said that leaves 2 items in this purchase for the clerk to ring in. He screwed up one that is fifty percent that is a failing grade almost any ware.

I am not looking for a high level of service when I go to a convenience store. However putting the odds of not getting ripped off is my favor are more convenient to me.

This seems to be one of the major problems in this country today. If you don't like something at this store go somewhere else. Funny but if the mistake had been in the customer's favor he would have been able to straighten it out or find the manager.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.