1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who can duplicate a stock.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Who can duplicate stock with minor changes? I will buy the upgraded wood blank. Thanks

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

3. citadel

citadel Active Member

Try Stocker John in Oregon. You can Google him for this phone number.
    Doug

4. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Dennis DeVault.......

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Stocker John Fittinger...503-668-1938 or 971-570-6597.

JON

6. turmite

turmite Member

I don't know if Phil Simms is doing anything other than his own stuff right now, but he is great, as well as Donnie Gemes, Dhow Me Gunstocks in Mo.
    (660) 438-4568.

I don't have Phil's number but you can find it here by doing a search of his name.

Mike

7. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

Macon www.macongunstocks.net

8. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

Here is Phils number at the shop.970-523-9566 his work is flawless. Bob Murray

9. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Thanks all

10. steele

steele TS Member

Earl,
    Give Dennis Devault a call first. He is only in Canton, OH, 1 1/2 hours west of us. Let him check out the fit, before you decide to change anything. You will not be sorry. Butch

11. 4 be

4 be Member

I would not recommend Macon Gunstocks. Sent them a fancy Myrtlewood blank and they did a switch and returned a chunk of below standard firewood. I had pictures of my blank which I sent them with pictures of the firewood they returned. After several emails and two registered letters I got an email from Vickie Macon. She admitted the error and asked that I give them a little time to either locate my blank or find a replacement. After another month I sent a follow up email. Vickie said they found my blank and it was being mailed. A few days later Bryan Macon sent me an email and said Vickie was mistaken and that my blank had broken in half during the duplication process. He further stated they were not responsible and in the interest of customer relations he sent me the "firewood blank". I responed stating I did not believe him. I inquired why I was not notified and if what he was saying was true; a reputable person would have retured the alleged defective wood. They are not responding. This ordeal lasted over four months and numerous untruths were told during this period. For those of you who know Ed Haley; a well respected stockmaker, he posted a negative article on Macon with similar problems. Unfortunately I sent my materials in a week prior. Sorry for the long post; but this is only the tip of the iceberg. In the future I will stay with Wenig. Jerry Callaway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.