1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who can build a Remington 3200 unsingle barrel?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Sarah3200, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Sarah3200

Sarah3200 TS Member

I'm wanting to have a 3200, 34 in, unsingle barrel made. I need suggestions on who can do this. I have a barrel block. I have talked to Simmons and Briley. Simmons isn't able to make a new 34 in barrel. They use the existing bottom barrel and cut the top barrel off. Simmons suggested Briley and Briley can not do it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

- Sarah

2. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Try Roger Eubanks.....Homedale Idaho....208. 337 4212

3. Brent Paulus

Brent Paulus Well-Known Member

Sarah, Let us know if you have any success with your 3200. Not a bad idea...
    Thanks
    Brent

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Nobody is going to be able to make one from scratch, you're going to need a o/u barrel to chop up.

5. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member

Remington never made a 34" bbl.
    youre going to have to have one made from scratch.

just me but...when done, the bbl will be worth more than the gun.

6. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Try to find a Stan Baker 3200 unsingle barrel or complete gun with the unsingle included. They come up for sale occasionally at prices that would be comparable to having one made to scratch.

7. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

I call BS on this, if he is willing to pay, there are plenty of skilled machinists/gunsmiths that can do this work. The key is having enough $$$$

8. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Back in the early 80's I had Simmon's make a 34" unsingle for my 3200. They provided the mono block for it.
    Broke my first 100 in 16's with it and made the 27 yard line before thinking I needed another gun. :34::34:

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a 32" Rem. model 32 O/U barrel that is now being converted to an un-single using a Kolar un-single rib.

10. bossbasl

bossbasl Well-Known Member

If you find someone to complete the task of sourcing a 34"barrel and all the other issues with producing an unsingle for the 3200 you will have a great deal of money invested with a future return well below 50% of initial cost. For less than this project cost you can find several much better alternatives resulting in a much better shotgun with a future return of all your initial cost. There is nothing magical about a 3200 unsingle (or any 3200).

11. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

I paid about $1200 for the barrel from Simmon's and sold the complete 3200 combo gun 3 years later for about that amount of money so it was a poor investment but I really did like the gun.

12. Sarah3200

Sarah3200 TS Member

Thank you! I called and left him a message.

13. SecondChance

SecondChance Member

Maybe not to some, but to others it is worth it. Its their money and dream, so let them enjoy it as they feel. I have been told this all my life on some projects, but when I was done, people were like "Da@$, That turned out alright!!!!!!!! Did I get my money back, not always, did I enjoy it, yes, Did I care who didn't like, not a lick!!! My time, my money.

ranch23 and Brent Paulus thanked this.
  14. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

I have a combo 3200 with the 34inch unsingle made by Simmons. I don't shoot it anymore but won't sell as it belonged to a good friend of mine , Paul Sedwick. The problem now days is getting the mono block making the barrel is not the problem. You can check with Laib's to see if they have an unsingle barrel or the mono block maybe a set of O/U barrels so you can have somebody strip down to the mono block and then make the unsingle for you.

15. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Wanna bet that Briley could make you a set 4" extended chokes

Phil Berkowitz

16. Alligator

Alligator TS Supporters TS Supporters

I was at a gun show in our small town last Saturday and saw a Simmons unsingle barrel for a 3200 and I think he wanted $150.00 for it. The dealer was Dale Sanders and he lives in Topeka, Kansas I think. I'm not sure but his phone may be 785/272-7805. If this isn't right I can see if I can get it for you. It seemed to have kind of thin blue and I don't know the length but I have been toying with building up a 3200 in that configuration myself otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it. Gator

17. Jaxshooter

Jaxshooter Active Member

Both Stan Baker and Moneymaker built 34" Unsingle barrels for the 3200. They come up for sale every now and then. A buddy of mine just sold a K-32 with a 34" Unsingle last month for $3500.00.

18. BIG ED WOLKEN

BIG ED WOLKEN Active Member

Since I am only 60 miles from Topeka, I put in a call to Dale, he said it was not him but might be his brother, he called his brother and was told that he didn't have a barrel for sale either. Just wanted to let you know. I have been looking for one for several years with no luck.