1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who can bend a Perazzi stock?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Singleshot, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Who would you recommend as being experienced (and successful) at bending Perazzi stocks? I need one moved a quarter-inch or so over at the back, with a little twist put in at the toe.

Thanks.

2. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

I will let others recommend a stock bender but as far as twising the stock, correcthing the pitch on the stock usually eliminates the need to move the toe of the recoil pad nearer the arm pit.

The pitch is correct for you, when the whole recoil pad, top to bottom, makes simultaneous contact with the shoulder as the gun is being mounted with the barrrel raised to a normal shooting height.

If the pointed toe of your pad makes contact with your shoulder very much before the upper portion of the pad, it indicates that the pitch on your stock is wrong for you and should be corrected.

Rollin

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Where are you located?

Ed Yanchok

4. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Joe Shiozaki of JS Air-Cushion stocks has bent a few for me - he's in the greater Los Angeles area.

He will take a look at it for you and tell you if he can do it or not - usually not a problem for the typical Perazzi stock with plain wood.

5. bossbasl

bossbasl Well-Known Member

J. J. Perodeau, Champlin Arms, Enid, OK

6. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Why not a comb job and a twister pad? Then the next owner can make it fit him too.

7. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Jim Greenwood of Agusta Kansas does first class work. He has bent several stocks for me all with great results.

Jim Greenwood<br>
    316-775-0161<br>
    316-734-0747 cell

Jim Skeel<br>P/W Dealer/Distributor

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Allem's did mine. Here are some photos of their German-made machine (sorry for the poor focus).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know that a stock can actually be twisted but I'm no expert. I would suggest that an adjustable recoil pad adapter like the one on my gun might be a better method of obtaining good fit, as it offers more flexibility than twisting the stock, if that can be done.

[​IMG]

Good luck!

Ed

9. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Thanks guys. This has been helpful.

10. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Lucio Sosta @ Perazzi

11. rwtii

rwtii Member

Hough Lomas in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin can do it. If you to add an erector set and screw up the balance of a gun, go ahead. If you ever want to shoot the gun at other disciplines, that are not premounted, bending is the answer.

Search tags for this page

bending stock shotgun

ed yanchok stocks

how to bend a perazzi shotgun stock

perazzi bent stock