1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

who buys at the big stores

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nailer123, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Who buys at the big stores with shot at 50.00 a bag guns 200.00 300.00 to high .What do the do with all that stuff.Does it just sit there?

2. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

I buy where its least expensive!

3. yenko

yenko TS Member

part time shooters buy it,they dont shoot enough to care about the prices.

4. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Yenko, You are correct. I was checking out behind a man yesterday at Bass Pro who was buying 4 boxes of Remington Nitro's. I thought to myself, why not buy them at the club. It would have been cheaper. I guess to each his own. Hoosier

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I buy where ever I get the best deals and thats usually Wally World because if they don't have it you probably don't need it ... Most Mom nad Pop places were eliminated over 20 years ago, its called progress so Get over it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I buy my reloading components at Powderhorn here in Pennsylvania. They are a small business that has been here for a many years. The prices are always fair, and it's fun to talk with the owner. He and his kids are trapshooters.

When I am out of town and run out of shells, I go to the nearest place that I know sells shells, unless I can buy them at the club. But I rarely run out, since I usually bring lots of extras.

7. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Everyone buys at the Big Box Stores whether they admit it or not.

8. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

I buy reloading supplies from Gene Sears and Powder Valley. I use Alliant powder but Fio primers. I haven't bought factory loads in a year or so, but I bought them from Cabela's and Walmart because of a big sale or clearance I ran on to.

Virtually anything else I buy (non-firearms related) is, as Gold E succinctly stated, purchased at Big Box retailers (never Target, though).

I would love to say I buy only US-made products, but there is so little made in the US nowadays. I shoot a Ljutic, but I have Italian and Jap shotguns as well. All my rifles and all but one handgun (Croatia) was made in the US except for the Belgian made action (FN) of a custom wildcat. All my vehicles are US made. How much foreign parts are in them I know not.

You do what you can, but choices are limited.

Old Marine

9. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

I'm heading up to Cabela's in Hamburg, Pa from DC, is the Powder horn on my way? I need shot and powder. Thanks!

Cheers,

George

10. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

The cheapest shells I can buy are the 4 packs at Walmart. The Remingtons are a little more expensive than the Federal and Winchesters. I usually buy the Federals. The Winchesters don't work well out of my auto. I can reload for a little less still and have a quality shell for far less than they want for the best shells at the store. I buy my reloading supplies from a couple of small shooting supply stores. The reloading supplies at the local Bass Pro Shop are so expensive that only shooters that didn't know any better would buy them.

11. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

George, Richland Shooter's Supply in Richland, PA (Lebanon County) is about 30 miles from Cabelas. It's about 20 miles West on Rt 78, then about 8 miles over smaller roads. It is a gun shop that sells tons of reloading supplies at superb prices. Stop there first to buy your supplies. You will save enough over Cabelas prices to more than pay your tolls and gas for the trip. You can always stop in Cabelas on the way back for anything else you need.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I bought some socks at Sam's club and they were actually Made in America ... If we all just wear Made in America clothes we'd all be naked, except I'd have my socks ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. JH

JH Well-Known Member

A failed Educational System produces IGNORANT consumers which are easy pickings for merchants.....Knowledge is Power and if you are Powerless (stupid-ignorant) you will be EXPLOITED!

Become an informed consumer or be RIPPED-OFF!

14. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

"I buy where ever I get the best deals and thats usually Wally World because if they don't have it you probably don't need it ... Most Mom nad Pop places were eliminated over 20 years ago, its called progress so Get over it ... WPT ... (YAC) ... "

LOL! (YAC) must be shorthand for Miserable SOB!

15. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

I like to get a good deal but i will pay a little more to help out mom and pop.

16. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Don't buy much at big stores, but when I was in business & needed a special tool for limited time. Would buy it at Home Depot, use it return it the next day. Cheapest tool rental service in town.

Lou

17. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Lou that is just wrong i have trying to get my wife to do that with dress for years.

18. phirel

phirel TS Member

Lou- Could you tell me what the difference is between what you suggested and stealing?

Pat Ireland

19. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

People like Lou make the prices go up for honest customers. Shame, shame, shame- as Gomer would say.

20. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

And where is SHOT still $50 ? been down to $$26 here in Ohio. And I'm only talking a LITTLE store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.