1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who builds a CROSS OVER RIB ????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Larryboww, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larryboww

Larryboww TS Member

I saw a picture of a very nicely built cross over rib it was posted by "HAP MEC TWEAKS" Im trying to find out for an old friend at my club that can no longer see with his right eye, he is shooting with one of those cross over mirror devices and your vision is very limited with it. Im just trying to help him out, would love to know who built it for HAP's brother ??? THANKS LARRY, if anyone knows email: LARRYBOWW@AOL.COM

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Someone used to make one called "Sidesighter" or something like that. I know a lady shooter from Maryland who uses one or a copy of one. I just can't think of the name of the man who made it - Floyd Nattress, maybe? He advertised in trap & Field at one time.

Ed

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

That's it - the Carey Side Sighter! But I can't help thinking that Floyd Nattrass was the "poster boy" for them years ago.

Ed

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Larry, the rib you saw in the picture was put together by my brother and I. I think the rib itself was about 15 bucks or so. The hardware attaching it to his gun was from the hardware store. The rib is fully adjustable in and out,up and down at both ends.

After losing his right eye, he shot his highest ever scores with this side rib shooting from his natural right side. I even shot it well too by completely closing my right eye.

If you'd like, email me and I'll give you a few more details on ways to put one together.

<a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view&current=SideRib1-1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Hap

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Floyd Nattrass developed an elevated front bead he called the Super Sighter. You had to raise your comb and ignore the rib completely.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Mr. Natrass's rib was not offset. He was the father of Canadian Olympic Trapshooter, Susan Natrass. Helluva a shot at American T too. Hall of Famer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.