1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who besides Briley threads fixed choked barrels???

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Buckmark1, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckmark1

Buckmark1 TS Member

0   0   0

Who besides Briley threads fixed choked barrels with a quick turn-a-round? Briley is 4-6 weeks out or for an extra fifty bucks they can do it in 7-10 business days. Is there someone out there that does the job in 2-3 days or is that an unreasonable time frame? Just asking and seeing what else is out there.

Thanks in advance,
    Jody H.

2. leftex

leftex Active Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Try Carlson's or Mike Orlen.

3. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

0   0   0

The folks at comp-n-choke have done two barrels for me. The work is outstanding and very fast turnaround.

4. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Can I ask a Question? AND not hi jack the thread.....If you have a barrel threaded by Briley, does it increase the value of the gun? I have a gun that needs to be opened up and install choke tubes. Does it "PAY" to have Briley do it?

5. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

0   0   0

Yvonne;
    As a former gun buyer, Briley chokes did not add to the value of a gun, nor did they take away from its value. It was a "push." (Some exceptions, such as traditional British "best" guns..don't do it to one of those)

"PAY?" No.........But; it sure adds to the versatility of a fixed-choke gun.
    I, for one think it's just fine. Most all guns being currently manufactured have changeable choke tubes.
    You will be out the cost, and probably not regain it. But, if you are invited to go quail hunting with your formerly full trap choked gun, you will appreciate it.

Some of the other choke manufacturers are more suspect, but Briley is considered to be the best, and is certainly the most recognized.
    Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If you have a fixed choke trap gun that breaks targets you should leave it alone. Even some of the best sporting clays shooters have gone back to fixed choke gun.

7. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

0   0   0

There are a number of Great gunsmiths around that install choke tubes and there are some that aren't so good. Try Kerry Allor in Michigan. I have a 90-T HPAR that he did. I would not hesitate to get him to do work for me if the situation arose. Bill Malcolm

8. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I Sure like the Barrel Work that Stu Wright's Gunsmithing Does and they ARE 100 Times friendlier than The #$$#%$es at Briley!!! JMO joe90t

9. red hammer

red hammer Member

0   0   0

Tom Wilkerson he ain't chep but when he gets through it will be a killing machine

10. Buckmark1

Buckmark1 TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks for all the input guys, keep 'em coming please.

Thanks,
    Jody H.

11. cf4952

cf4952 Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

What kind of gun are you talking about?

12. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

0   0   0

I have had Briley do work for me and everytime the choke tubes have been made incorrect. They have always made them correct, but what a pain. Sometimes I have had to return them three and four times. A lot of effort to get what I wanted. Not the case with the folks at comp-n-choke. Everytime they make me chokes they are right to the 1/1000 that I request and fit perfect.

13. Buckmark1

Buckmark1 TS Member

0   0   0

Perazzi MX2000S with an MX14 ramped style rib and fixed choked barrels. I want to get a screw choke system installed in the barrels for more choking options.

14. Buckmark1

Buckmark1 TS Member

0   0   0

New question: who threads Perazzi fixed choked barrels besides Briley, with a quick turnaround and reasonably priced? Also do I get the 4th generation style?

Thanks,
    Jody H.

15. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Big Papa: How do you contact the folks at CompNChoke. Their website is set up to sell chokes...no info about installs.

16. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

0   0   0

I have just called them in the past and talked with them. The phone number is 888-875-7906. I have a Ljutic that was fixed choke. I had Briley thread the barrel and make me some pretty standard extended tubes for it. It took me almost six months to get three tubes made correct. I decided to have comp-n-choke make me two tubes for the barrel. I gave them all of the spec's including the briley series of the tubes etc. The folks at comp-n-choke would not make me the tubes without the barrel. they insisted on taking their own measurements etc to insure a perfect fit. When the barrel and the new tubes were returned, they fit perfect and were made right to the 1/1000 the first time. I decided to have the barrel of my Alfermann tubed. Can you guess where I sent the barrel. The tubes all fit perfect and were to the 1/1000 as requested first time. Great folks to work with.

17. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Ballistic Specialties is another option. Briley has always been my second choice after Teague. Unless the gun was originally coming from GB its too much hassle to send it there for the work though.

18. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I agree with Sam about Value

The ones I have used and like are Briley, Ballistics Specialties

I have used others and had good performance from non square threads also

Although I have had Wrights do other good work for me on model 12s I have not found their choke tube threading or choke tubes to be leavel of Briley, Ballistics etc

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

brileys barrel threading