1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who are the fastest 16 yard shooters?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by buzzgun, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Oh god...

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Who cares and NO................Possible may even hurt..........

GS

3. piddie

piddie TS Member

I've never squaded with anyone faster than me. It's a huge advantage to shoot fast. That's because it makes the others want to give up and quite. Some try to shoot faster and start missing.

piddie -- Hope this helps!

4. oz

oz Active Member

who cares!!!!! oz

5. piddie

piddie TS Member

Those who know care...

piddie

6. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

I believe we were (We meaning my wifes Uncle and I) shooting someplace in Iowa. I can't remember the name of the place. Oh Yea! It was called B&M Gunclub. Run by a guy and his wife. Bill & Mary. Did a respecable job to. I wonder if it is still open? I would assume that if it is there there would be new tennants running it because Bill and Mary were not spring chickens then. That was back in the early to mid 70's We, also my best friend and his brother my other best friend along with the wifes Uncle shot there a lot. I can't remember the town closest to it but it wasn't to far outside Davenport, Ia. We were all together and shot registered that day and we finished it in record time with all having high scores. 2-100 straights, 1-99 abd 2-98's. I can't remember the time exactly but it was short of 10 minutes. Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

7. Opion8ted

Opion8ted TS Member

WJF100st .... I shoot cylinder bore. Lit is correct.

As for fastest, we throw 48 mph targets so we can shoot much faster.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I jog to the bathroom sometimes a couple of times a night and make good time though I never timed myself, its closer than 16 yards though unless I use the one on the other side of the house ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. BT99er

BT99er TS Member

Tron is without a doubt the fastest shooter, and if you doubt me just ask Foghorn!!

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Does speed count if I don't hit any of the targets???

I can be mighty fast when I'm not hitting anything.

As for Lit's time..........If he ran that fast, there had to be someone chasing him. lol

Hauxfan!

11. Wayne In ny

Wayne In ny TS Member

One time I shot so fast the BB"S ricochet off the top of the trap house.

12. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I shot Bill's release trigger one time. He told me it was fast bu t I did not realize breathing would set it off. I was at the Grand one year and decided to try it on doubles. I called and the gun went off, shot hit the the top of the trap house and ricocheted off the roof and broke the target, which broke before I ever saw it. Too bad I missed the 2nd target.

Charlie

PS I wish I could learn to shoot slower, it would help my average.

13. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

got to be smsnyder. 10 yards out of the house but only 89% hitting target. as i am told

14. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Uhh, my gf said I was a fast shooter. She said something about premature ejection? Hey, not my problem if she can't keep up.

15. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I was shooting so fast that I was shooting the center out of my previous shots pattern. I've slowed down now and only hit the wad from my previous shot every now and then.

Hey Shootlow........Is that what inspired Hauxfan to come out with the song and movie titled " The Man Who Shot Shootlow". LOL

Bill

16. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

On the other end of the spectrum, I'm one of the slowest.

Ed Yanchok

17. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

i use to drink beer really fast does that count. also i was a fast swimmer 35 years ago. maybe i need to shoot targets faster cause i missed a lot of em today shooting medium speed.

18. joshif

joshif TS Member

I shot a target before the previous shooter did. I thought I got a fast pull! Ahem, The fastest I ever saw that was accurate(NOT SMSnyder)was Steve Carmichel(sp) in the mid 70's.Some of you would have never seen that.tsk,tsk.BUT, the score sheet doesn't discriminate between fast and slow shooters. It's who broke the most, smoke has no edge over chips.

19. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I was pretty fast when I had my '71 440 six-pac 'Cuda. That was a very long time ago though. I'm not too fast anymore.

20. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

hoggy

Just watched the movie Vanishining Point it was a 1970 Challenger 440 c.c.i./375 H.P. it was on the new videos at the local rental place.

Ok got to jump the movie rental place ASS about it being a new release since I saw the date of 1971 in the credit's.

Ok back to the thread I would say that Dean Debow from KY would be right up there with the fastest singles and doubles and even handicap shooter Im sure some don't know him but I know a lot does.

By the way I don't think Dean shoot's an open choke because he is like Puff the Majic Dragon that is what he does.

Foghorn220

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.