1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Who are our resident Browning experts ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GBatch_25, May 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Need some assistance for a shooting friend who has a Browning Midas Grade 30" O/U as shown in the pix below. She is trying to determine an estimated value in case she decides to sell it.

Info I have is that the gun is a 1968 model, purchased new by her father. Wood is non-salted. Barrel is choked full on top and improved modified on bottom. Gun has been shot perhaps 100 times and has been in storage most of the time. I have not seen the gun, but am told it is easily a 100% gun.

I'm fairly certain we have a few Browning aficionados here, so I'd appreciate a PM from any of them. If needed, more photos are available.

Gene in Illinois

sseitz007_2008_010496.jpg

sseitz007_2008_0104102.jpg

sseitz007_2008_0104103.jpg

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'm no Browning expert but that is a thing of beauty. I love the rich dark almost cherry look of the stock.

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

The chokes and side profile suggests a Broadway Trap model?!

Jay

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

This is a common gun advertised for sale from $5000 to $10000. What they sell for is rarely disclosed. Most owners get a bit testy if you offend their suggested price. And put them back in the safe. Over time and with patience, it should sell for about $4500. Remember, they are nice guns, but most trapshooters have moved on to higher ribs, drop out triggers, combos, etc. And the "collectors" are all dying off.

$4500 with patience

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

mx2g-- you're right on!! and a 30in fixed choke aint that popular these days!

6. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

When I was a young gun in the 60's I would dream about that gun those were the best of days and that was a dream gun of it;s time.

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Still a dream gun...wish I could buy it....32" bbls are nice but if that gun is choked IM-F it's pure death on doubles targets....and is there not a similar gun on here for $8K? They are beautifully built and worth every penny IMHO...but I'm biased as a 33 year Superposed shooter....

Ron Burr

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I sold an idenyical gun in a Hartman case 15 years ago for $6500. Jeff

9. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

There is not a long line of potential buyers for a Broadway rib Midas. There are many for sale with no takers. I would have a hard time passing one up for $4000 or $4500 if I saw it face to face. Jeff sold his at the right time, to the right person. Broadway rib trap guns are the bottom of the barrel for collectors. Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.