1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whiz's Buzzer For Your PW Loader

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by citadel, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citadel

citadel Active Member

Whiz

Today I received one of the primer feed vibrators built by Whiz White of S & W Supply. It is a quality piece of workmanship and works like a dream. It took me about 10 minutes to install, one minute to adjust and then I loaded 100 rounds and never had to tap that darn primer feed at all. My thanks to Whiz. Keep creating.
    Doug

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Thanks for the "thanks" Doug.

I experiment on your with a larger triggering switch and a all aluminum (good quality) cast box. I ordered in several different switch designs and styles, but your was one of the larger ones. Not a big deal, but I'd like to know how it is a year from now.

Again, thanks!

Whiz

3. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

Hasn't Spolar had that for several years......................

4. whiz white

Spolar sure has.

I got some requests to make an aftermarket unit for the Spolars that was not so distractingly noisy. Following that, the guys started wanting me to build them for the P/W's, and that's where we now stand.

WW

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Jeepers Jack, Now you've sliced the tip of my pool cue, thank goodness I used the breaking cue. Any more good idea's?

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

No more "good" ideas Bob. I just figured if a Spolar guy could hijack a PW thread, I could be a Somalia pirate too.

7. citadel

citadel Active Member

The vibrator that Whiz produces is many times quoted than the one Spolar makes. I removed the Spolar vibrator my PW because of the excessive noise made when in the run position. The one Whiz makes is just a low humming sound and not intrusive at all.
    Yes Spolar has one but the new one is better.
    Doug

8. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Citadel,
    Every Spolar reloader has always come with a viberator, it is standard equipment. Use the red on/off switch when you have the loader in one position, there is no sense it letting it run all of time.
    Dicksie Spolar

9. citadel

citadel Active Member

Dicksie, I know that but it is still noisy when running. Take a look at the design Whiz has come up with as I believe that is is an improvement on your excellent idea. He has taken it one step further and reduced the noise level which a welcome modification.
    Doug

10. citadel

citadel Active Member

Dicksie, I know that but it is still noisy when running. Take a look at the design Whiz has come up with as I believe that is is an improvement on your excellent idea. He has taken it one step further and reduced the noise level which a welcome modification.
    Doug

11. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I use a 3v motor in my design on my PW and it isn't very nosiy. If a 9 or 12v motor is being used that may be the reason for the excessive noise. I have found that a 3v motor works fine.

12. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

I have had mine for 4+ years and not a hitch!

13. itsnotyou

itsnotyou Member

The noise I hear on my Spolar is the primers vibrating, the motor is almost silent. Use a slower motor or a weight that is closer to balanced and you will hear less noise but get less vibration.

14. soup

soup Member

I tortured the WHIZ to make the last run of primer tray vibrators . I'm more than willing to have a little bit of humming rather than NOT having primers drop .

Now if we can only get JERRY to print a design for his " PRIMER DIRECTORS " ???

Good shooting.

SOUP

15. whiz white

Soup: You got me started and am now working on another dozen.

Whiz

16. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I finally got some motivation to make my own primer tray vibrator. I went to Radio Shack and picked up a few parts that cost me exactly $8.99 including the motor. I fiddled with it most of 2 hours changing this and that and finally got it the way I like it. Mine works off of a 9v battery. I was going to order one from Whiz and after all said and done I saved $90. Not bad for a rainy nights work.

17. citadel

citadel Active Member

Boy I never thought that I would get so much comment when just trying to let the PW owners know that there was now a cure for " primeittus". That's the lack of free flowing primers. Dr. whiz has the solution for PW owners who do not wish to spend the time solving it themselves. We truly is a "whiz"
    Doug/Citadel

18. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

itsnotyou
    You are right about the reason for the noise when the vibrator is running.
    The majority of the noise has nothing to do with the motor; it is due to the rattling of the primers against the primer try lid. We have recently found a way to quite it significantly. Use the loop side of 3/8 inch wide self-stick Velcro, cut a narrow piece about 3/16th or less long. On the right and left top edge of the primer tray about half way down from the top clean the metal off with a little acetone on a Q-Tip let it dry then stick the piece Velcro loop on. The plastic lid will rest on the Velcro, not on the metal edge.

Dicksie Spolar
    Spolar Power Load, Inc.
    800-227-9667

19. whiz white

Here's my model for the Spolar.

whizwhite_2008_02034.jpg

Whiz

20. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

The only noise I hear when I'm reloading is the sweet sound of perfect shells falling into a bucket from my Mec loader with the large primer tray...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.