1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whiz Whites hammer springs and Precision Trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wlc, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wlc

wlc Member

Has anyone used the new hammer spring kits that Whiz White sells in a Precision release trigger? I know there is a release hook interference problem with some conversion releases. Don't know about the Precision though.

Thanks

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Probably not been done yet. I can't remember if I've sold any to a P/T owner.

Here's the concern: Precision's holes in the housing to hold the standard Perazzi leaf springs are about 2.31mm, according to Marcello in Italy.

Our pin is 2.5mm. (I may have the dimensions wrong, but Marcello indicated that there is a variance of about ~0.01-0.02mm between the P/T housing and a standard or even our new trigger housing).

The GOOD NEWS is that during our phone conversation yesterday, Marcello is now making pins that will work in the P/T.

I hear, however, that P/T could void your warranty, although what could happen to cause a problem in the trigger that would require a warranty. AND, you simply remove the springs and pin, should you send it to P/T for work.

We will carry extra pins and locking collars. I expect them here in about 10 days or less. When one orders the new kits, simply indicating which trigger housing you intend to use these, I will enclose the correct pin and collar.

Also, our pins and springs are designed to go into the existing rear leaf spring hole (no special drilling required by factory), whereas I believe P/T drills a hold farther back for their pin.

Whiz

3. wlc

wlc Member

Whiz, thanks for the information. I've been using your replacement "premium" spring for the past year with no problems, I thought the uni side spring was a great idea though.

4. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

I'm making now a special removable and reusable pin that will allow the release trigger owners to change the new spring without take everything apart.
    Jim made a little mistake about the dimension: Perazzi is about 2.25 mm we are making the pin 2.27
    precision trigger drill 2.31 mm and I just sent Jim the oversize pins to fit PT

5. reclaimlead

reclaimlead TS Member

I changed mine over works great.Took me all of 5 min to change over after 2 days of looking for the correct drill bit. I have put 2000 shells through it and no problems.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

What's the correct size drill bit? All of my triggers, whether Perazzi or Precision wont accept the pin.

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I should say that Whiz included the drill bit size in the package but I forgot the size and have misplaced the paper on which it was printed. Sorry.

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Just spoke with Marcello this morning from Italy.

He is sending me new pins for the Precision Triggers. They do NOT use out new snap-in-place collars, but a reverse screw-on type baming it easier to remove for release triggers and general P/T use and removal.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.