1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whiz White--- Please

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim Porter, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

First thank you for all the good info you give to us less informed PW owners! I would like to know what basic changes are made on a 800 or 2000 to load paper hulls? I have a 2000 recently re-built by JC that I want to use to load Federal papers. In the past, on my 800, the shells would not load looking like new. Crimps would be either concave or convex and sometimes really good---but not consistant. Sometimes the center of the crimp would have a few plys of the paper folded back a wee bit. I found that placing the hull into the die would stop this. I also spun and sanded the cone starter to a smoother finish. The sound when fired was not consistant. Is there a "rule of thumb" for overall length of loaded shell, top of shot to hull top, depth of crimp, spring tensions? Any starting point/hints would be helpful.
    Best Regards
    JP

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters