1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whiz White – a true gentleman

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mikepacific60, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikepacific60

mikepacific60 Member

Hello to all

This is just a brief note to publically thank Whiz White for helping me out with a problem I was having (not all that easy as I live in Australia).

In the end, the resolution of the matter took more effort than either of us expected, but Whiz remained a complete gentleman throughout.

Whiz, thanks for your efforts and patience.

Regards from Australia, Michael

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Michael- Nice note. Whiz has helped so many of us we tend to take him for granted. We have a problem with our reloader, and many other things-- just ask Whiz.

A typical request for help from Whiz seems to follow this pattern. Whiz, I bought my PW from another dealer (Jim C), and I have bought a few parts from Doug B. Now, when I reload Keyman hulls with the old Active wad, the wad guide drags and two wad guide fingers have broken. Please tell me how to fix the thing. If I need any parts send them to me at no charge and I will be glad to pay the postage.

We need to thank Whiz more than we do.

Pat Ireland

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Well let's get on the "band wagon". Whiz is a retired juvenile court school administrator, who is multi talented. He is honorable and takes care of us shooters. Now being retired simply means that he has more time to pursue anything that interests him. Some time, I will get to meet him and buy him, at least, a cup of coffee for all of his help. Fred

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Whiz, many years ago, guided me through a should-I-buy-or-not deal on a shotgun and his wisdom was of great importance. I did reward him with a case of Black Butte Porter, Oregon's finest product, well, maybe 2nd behind Douglas Fir....Bob Dodd

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

AH, thanks Mike and you guys, you've made my day.

Actually, I was guilty of part of Mike in Australia's problem.

I got a trigger in he bought from an East Coast dealer and offered to reship it to him in Au, as the EC guy didn't want to do it.

Well, I typed up the postage through the USPS site, and did not notice that it truncated his postal code. Consequently, it probably hiccuped when it went through Customs, so they had to "test" it for safety or something.

I have to compliment our US Postal folks, because when it didn't show, I called them on Mike's behalf, and they told me that I would definitely hear from them within 23 days. It wasn't a week later and Mike learned that it was in Au and then he got it the other day.

Honestly, I get a kick out of doing things for our shooting friends around the globe. I have had wonderful experiences with the shooters in the UK, Au, South Africa, New Zealand, Siri Lanka, Italy, etc.

Of course, guys like Fred, Bob, Pat, and others are easy to deal with, so my hat's off to you guys. And, yes, Bob, the beer was wonderful. I owe you one - I should send you some of our pheasants.

Whiz

6. plabels466

plabels466 Member

I just have to join in also & say Whiz has helped me also...If not for him I would not own a PW reloader...Now if I can just get him to visit beautiful Colorado for a nice home cooked Italian dinner with some Chianti wine.......Thanks Whiz.................Pete

7. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Great guy with a wealth of knowledge. Jim

8. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks Whiz for all your help...

9. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Let's all buy him a beer, after all it's cheaper than gas. ha ha ha

Thank you Whiz for your help as well.

Jerbear

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

I too have benefited from his sage advice.

I did not know about Whiz when I bought my 800+ from the factory a few year back. I learned about Whiz here on TS.com and now I will only deal with Whiz.

I have bought parts, upgrades and STOS from him and his advice is priceless.

Don

11. tomward

tomward TS Member

More Whiz's/Better world. Simple as that. I am proud that he would tell you I am his friend. Tom Ward

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

good job

13. whiz white

Thanks again guys. It's pretty easy to help all of you - as I've said many times, this is a fraternity.

Here's what's been taking most of my time lately. I got finagled into doing these up-fits for the Capt, a close friend. I just finished 3 new Durangos.

[​IMG]

Whiz

14. nipper

nipper TS Member

i love the tag on the front of the patrol car

bill

15. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

I'm in the same boat as Dverna. When I bought my original 800+, not knowing of Whiz, and not knowing any better, I bought it directly from P-W. I'd dealt with them over the years, with a 375C and 600B, so I saw nothing wrong with doing so.

Then I began to visit this asylum, and when I bought conversion kits for it, I got them from Whiz. Then when my partner insisted on having a second home (I hate living in more than one place), she asked me what it would take to keep me happy. I said I need a shotshell loader there, too, because I can't haul enough shells back and forth for the summer. So I now have a 4-gauge 800+ here, too, courtesy of her and Whiz.

Wouldn't buy from anyone else.

Tony

16. m70win

m70win Member

Hey Whiz do you have a web site?

Tim

17. whiz white

Tony: I remember asking your "friend" if she had a sister!!!

Tim: No website, although I should. My son designed one for the Gonzaga basketball team while he was in college there and my wife is director of the school technology staff development - maybe someday when I slow down enjoying ONE retirement... I am a computer guru too, so I really *should*.

Bill: I did remove the tag of the police car before I returned it to the parking garage.

Whiz - it's a spectacularly BEAUTIFUL day in the Black Hills of SD today, Sunday.

18. m70win

m70win Member

Ya Whiz even Tron has a web site.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.