1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whiz help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bill Roberts, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

Hi, I need help!
    I have a 800+ maybe two years old. Powder is not dropping all of a sudden
    and it won't drain either. Any ideas?

Thanks, Bill

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Push the rack all the way to the rear. Just grab the link on the right side of the rack and push it towards tha rear of the loader. Hold the rack in its rear most position and turn the powder shut-off to drain. If it drains then you have a problem with the linkeage that moves the rack. This assumes the timing marks on the rack and the gears are correctly aligned.

If the timing marks are correct and the rack is all the way to the rear and it will not drain powder then you have a blockage in the powder riser between the bushing and the reservoir. It could be a powder seal that has come out of its groove or something else is blocking the path from the bushing to the reservoir.

Does the shot drain properly?

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Is the upper link OK? These break occasionally (designed to break and not bend), or the pin in the Rack Gear could be loose. Even the two smaller lower links could be cracked or the two 10-32 BHSC screws holding this unit under the toolhead could be loose. See my website for info on this.

I'd highly recommend to remove everything down to and including the shut-off plates and thoroughly clean out from under the plates, re-graphite and reinsert the plates (you'll have to make sure the detent balls are in place as you slide down these plates.

It could even something as simple as a ball of powder stuck in the drop tube of the EZ-Fill base.

Hard to give all the things to do without knowing what you've done already.

WW

4. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

Thx, I got the powder out and somehow it had jumped off so the racks
    were out of line. There was also a piece of shot under the gear wheel on the powder
    side. Also on the floor I found a rubber band looking
    thing black about a quaternary inch thick and
    Maybe as big around as your thumb. The
    o-ring in the powder side still appears to be in
    place. Any ideas????

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

P/W made some powder gears with a groove for an o-ring on the bottom side of the gear. Not a good design. The o-ring in the gear puts way too much pressure on the seal in the base. Does your powder gear have a groove around the bushing hole on the bottom side? That could explain the piece of rubber you found.

Jim Skeel<BR>
    P/W Dealer/Distributor

6. whiz white

Actually the o-ring design powder gear was and is a helluve design.

Unfortunately, the very first proto-types had the o-ring too close to the hole opening under the balck powder gear. The present deisgn sets that o-ring out further.

I will ONLY use the newest design gear with the o-ring. Tremendous idea and since the reservoir has an o-ring, the idea of one in the base of the powder gear is just a continuation. I have NEVER, EVER had nor heard of a single problem with these, so am curious why Jim Skeel thinks otherwise.

WW

7. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

Oh Big Dog's calling out "Little Dog"................................

8. whiz white

Ha, ha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.