1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whittakers Guns in Owensboro, Ky

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 686beretta, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I'm going to be in the area, anybody ever dealt with them? If so what was the experience. Do they have many trap guns?

2. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Haven't been there in person but have ordered two rifles from them because their prices were that good...

Very friendly over the phone on each occasion.

3. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Interesting place. Has a lot of guns in stock. A lot of shotguns and rifles (new and used) on the racks to handle. Don't know how many trap guns they have on hand. BIG old guy sitting behind the counter at the door is the owner. Seems to be grouchy most of the time. Can have some pretty good prices on some firearms every so often.

4. shadow

shadow Active Member

I have dealt with them many times over the years. FIRST CLASS folks !!!!! Dont even think about negoiating the price. Darrel prices his stuff to sell and will only tell you once that the price is firm.

5. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Doubt you will find many trap guns. There will probably be a few used Model 12 traps laying around. If you have never been, it is worth a trip. He has a ton of guns under roof. Yes, please don't try to negotiate, you will get told no real quick. His pricing is the cheapest anywhere that I know of. Try the frog legs @ the bar next door. They are very good too with some pretty attractive bartenders.

6. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

7. JayLC

JayLC TS Member

went to Providence Kentucky for a quail hunt and got rained out one day so I drove to Whittakers and ended up with a used SKB 28 gauge at a very fair price. Nice people and decent prices. They advertise they are the largest gun store in Kentucky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.