1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

White House Shooter in Deep doo doo

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by grntitan, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Accused White House shooter charged with assassination attempt.

The man arrested at an Indiana County hotel Wednesday on suspicion of shooting at the White House has been charged with attempting to assassinate the president or his staff.

Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez, 21, was arrested on a U.S. Park Police warrant after investigators found a gun inside his abandoned car while investigating a report of shots fired near the White House on Friday.

If convicted, he faces up to life in prison.

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Where did you see he was a OWS protester? I must have missed it in the article you posted.

3. grntitan

Try the link above. I mixed info from two sources(not a good idea). Now that i re-read it doesn't actually say he was a protestor. I will correct my original post. This link explains the connection though.

My Bad..........

.........................................................................................................

'Occupy Wall Street' Connection to White House Shooting?

ABC News has learned authorities are increasingly concerned that a man sought in connection with a bizarre shooting incident on the Washington Mall last week may pose a threat to President Obama.

The Secret Service now suspects that a bullet fired in this incident may have hit the White House after a bullet round was found in a White House window, though the round had not yet been conclusively linked to the incident. The round was stopped by ballistic glass behind the historic exterior glass, while an additional round has been found on the exterior of the White House.

Police believe the suspect, 21-year-old Oscar Ramiro Ortega of Idaho, is mentally ill. Ortega has an extensive record, ranging from domestic violence to drug charges. Sources say a police investigation has uncovered evidence suggesting Ortega has a fixation on the White House.

Authorities suspect Ortega has been in the area for weeks, coming back and forth to the Washington Mall. Before the shooting, he was detained by local police at an abandoned house. U.S. Park police say Ortega may have spent time blending in with Occupy D.C. protesters

4. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

One report I heard said he was shooting from about 800 yards away and he used an "assault rifle". While another reporter said an AK-47.

Given that most reporters don't know an AK from their As*H*** and to most reporters any gun, from a 2" barrel snubby to a Perazzi is an "assault" rifle, it would take some damn good shooting to hit the window or even the building from 800 yards away if that was what he was aiming at.

Since they never even identified what caliber the bullets hitting the White House were or even if the two were the same caliber, or if the rifling marks matched the rifle seized, at least so far, and there was mention of shells found at the supposed firing point, there is a lot of information missing. Nor did they mention what the interval was between shots. So far there has not even be any information about what kind of gun was seized.

Given the way some police type officers can put a hole in their own legs or some other place because of poor handling practice, that is another possibility. Remember the "expert" DEA officer who was the only one "Qualified" to handle the gun he shot himself with in the classroom, he makes a darn good example.

Given the Obama crew's inability to "recall" anything about Fast & Furious, Solyndra, and so forth, I could not even rule out, based on what is missing from the reports, that they might have been screwing around and pulled a "Glock Trigger" kind of accident themselves.

5. grntitan

"Since they never even identified what caliber the bullets hitting the White House were or even if the two were the same caliber, or if the rifling marks matched the rifle seized, at least so far, and there was mention of shells found at the supposed firing point, there is a lot of information missing. Nor did they mention what the interval was between shots. So far there has not even be any information about what kind of gun was seized."

While i'm not defending anyone here i will say you are assuming an awful lot about what they know and don't know. Do you really honestly believe they will share every bit of info with us? Unless you have an inside source as to what all they actually know, i think you are assuming a awful lot of things about this case. I doubt we will ever know everything.

I reported what i read an offered the source. I was also called out on one statement i made and thus deleted the nonfactual statement.

I do however agree that anything could have happened. Maybe i'm assuming they are smarter than they really are.

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

We're lucky he didn't hit Obozo, it would end up with more gun control

But a heart attack would work

7. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

I was referring to the reports that were published or aired. I never even claimed to say it was the Secret Service or Washington Police or whoever issued the press statement that didn't know. Only that they didn't say.

You might be jumping the gun again by trying to interpret my words to be those directly from the SS or whatever authority put out the press release. You might notice that the paragraph above what you quoted directly referred to reporters, many of them would be lucky to know which end of a gun to put to their shoulder. THEY are the ones who did not include any of the details I brought up. They (THE REPORTERS) are the ones who either didn't ask the questions, or did not say that the authorities, when asked, reserved that information. My guess is that the reporters didn't even think to ask. Note, I am saying that is my GUESS and nothing more.

8. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

I thought the Hispanics loved Odumbass?...Bill

9. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Oh Cat, that was bad, really bad. LOL

10. jwells

jwells Member

is this guy a us citizen, i mean the shooter not the prez. i know they said he was from idaho but i want to know if he is an illegal?

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Wasn't hussein in Hawaii at the time of the shooting?

12. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Given the number of shootings in D.C. it's a wonder the White House isn't hit more often. AJ

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Fast and Furious was designed to get congress to pass national gun registration and ban or restrict "assault weapons" and/or "high capacity clips".

Does it strike anyone as being a bit suspicious that this happens while Holder is busy trying to turn Fast and Furious around in congress to put the blame on law abiding gun owners and dealers, while Diane Fineswine introduces a national gun registration bill?

14. grntitan

Hmmmm, interesting perspective Brian. Kind of a patsy to divert attention?? Not sure i buy into it but nothing, i mean nothing would suprise me anymore.

15. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

We have a runaway train Government right now with the gun control....this gives them more cause...

Gee I wonder what on their agenda for tomorrow?

16. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The shooter will be given a job at the DOJ when its all said and done.

17. o-hale

o-hale Well-Known Member

just wondering on this, sure we have some lawyers on this site, how is he charged with an assination attempt on the pres when the pres was not there?

18. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

This is all a set up from the git go. It is all politics. The shot probably came from a CIA gun.

They will use this as a another angle for more gun control.

19. grntitan

"how is he charged with an assination attempt on the pres when the pres was not there"

It was actually filed as " assassination attempt on the President or a member of his staff"

I think it's the "member of his staff" that will cover that grey area. Now i'm no attorney but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.