1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

White Gold

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kd185, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kd185

kd185 Member

anyone know anything about these shells?
    any good?
    similar to ????????
    any help would be appreciated

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

There made by Gamebore in England.

3. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

You will find them popular at sporting clay ranges.

4. Dr A C Jones

Dr A C Jones Member

I shot some 24-gram Black Gold recently. Black Gold is a slightly hotter version of the White Gold. The 24-grams had pretty stout recoil from which I'd guesstimate they would be ~1350fps across the chrono (~1400fps MV).

I hardness tested the pellets and they were "medium" to "medium-soft". They claim that the polished shot helps it move through the choke and so give tighter patterns. Only one way to find out for sure and that is to do a 10-patterns test of course - which I haven't done. When it's warmer I'll do a chrono test and if they are genuinely quick I might do a pattern test.

It might also be worth doing a check of the pellet size. The UK#7.5 Black Gold I measured actually came out as ~UK6.75. Should have been 336 pellets, actually had 286 (nearer UK#6.75).

In 2004 I pellet counted and pattern tested Patriot F2 UK#7.5 24-gram shells (again with polished shot) and rather than the nominal 336 they had ~257 (nearer UK#6.5).

In 2005 I pellet counted a Blue Diamond UK#7.5 28-gram shell (also polished shot), instead of the nominal ~392 pellets (UK#7.5 28-gram) it had 357 (nearer UK#7).

So, from my experience the polished shot tends to be over-sized.

Andrew.

5. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Used to be my only shell for sporting when new shells were affordable. Have shot countless flats. For me, they are as good as it gets. These days I only shoot them at tournaments. Still my favorite but lately B&P's are finding their way into my pocket. For Trap...good ole' Nitro's are still best of the bunch....IMO.

6. kd185

kd185 Member

thanks for the info
    any ever reload them and if so what wads and primers do they prefer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.