1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

White Flyer Targets Announces Price Decrease

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Target13, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Target13

Target13 Active Member

Since another thread had started on this site in regards to current Target Pricing, I felt it was necessary to start a second and pass on the great news to shooters and gun clubs alike ....." Effective on all orders scheduled to ship beginning Monday, November 10th (last week), White Flyer lowered it's target pricing $0.45 per case on ALL Pitch Target orders and $0.55 on all Biodegradable Target orders". This PRICE DECREASE was percipitated by lower pricing on raw materials used to manufacture White Flyer Targets and "we" felt it was extremely important to pass these onto our customers as "we" received them.

Understanding the situation and knowing the adverse effect pricing had caused to our clay target shooting sports and gun clubs over the past six months, this lowering of raw material pricing hopefully will have a positive effect. Although we all see the barrel of oil pricing and pump prices continue to go down to pricing not seen in over a year, the target manufacturer's are still faced with the situation that the number of raw material suppliers are limited. Although pricing at the pumps has "nose-dived", our material costs have NOT enjoyed the same and these "savings and decreases" have not been passed onto all of us in the same amount nor as quickly. WE know that this is frustrating to both shooters and gun clubs and hard to understand, especially when they see their local gasoline pump pricing in the $1.70 per gallon range.

Needless to say, White Flyer Targets felt it was necessary to pass these decreases onto the gun clubs as soon as possible. Over the past month, we have heard your complaints and requests for lower pricing ..... unfortunately, we were unable to respond because decreases were not being passed onto us. Now, we finally are able to do something and understanding the current situation with pricing on items like ammunition; firearms and reloading supplies among other things, hopefully the Shooting Sports will begin to pick up again.

Should there be any questions out there, any of us at White Flyer will be glad to try to answer them for you. Normally, "we" would not use this forum to announce "price changes" - our White Flyer Distributors across the United States and Canada have been advised ahead of time and are the first to be aware of any pricing changes. Yet, based on previous threads that have surfaced over the past couple of days, we, nevertheless, felt that it was important to report the facts and what is currently occurring.

All of us at White Flyer and the Shooting Sports know that the past few months have been "nightmares" and we ALL sincerely appreciate the patience and understanding that you have shown. Hopefully, this and other factors, will signal a positive turn and we can all attend more events and shoot more of the Clay Target games in 2009 and beyond.

We continue to appreciate your support and business - without you, the shooter and gun club, businesses like ours cannot be successful and our Shooting Sports cannot grow. Good or bad, please do not hesitate to continue to let us know your thoughts;ideas and concerns - we need your constant input.

On behalf of our White Flyer Staff, we'd like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a upcoming Happy Thanksgiving and Holiday season.

Thanks again for your business and support.

The Staff of White Flyer Targets

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

What a classy company! Thanks, White Flyer. Happy Holidays to you too.

3. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Thank you!

On behalf of our small club, I say thanks. We will need some targets in the future and we only throw White Flyers.

I shot with one of your employees at our State shoot. What a fine young man! ( He gave all of us on the squad a White Flyer hat, too)

Danny

4. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Hey Phil,

The security question that allows folks to register for our website is:

What target do trapshooters prefer?

Answer: White Flyer

Also, thanks for the WF banner for the club it looks great!

FRedmon

5. mj19

mj19 TS Member

This is the reason South Dakota shoots White Flyer.

6. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Thank you Phil. White Flyer is to be commended for this reduction.

7. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Phil Murray and White Flyer are #1 in spite of this message.It proves the best will stand out and the rest will suck hind tit!

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Timing in life is everything. We took a load 2 weeks too early. Oh well.Thank you for the info Phil, it at least helps us in our thinking for the future. Shoot well and often, Bob

9. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Dang it! I just took delivery on a two month's supply of Bios Thursday for our club.

Still that is good news. Shot was down to $28.50. Even better news.

HBT

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

Phil- Thanks for the price adjustment. I shoot a lot of White Flyer targets, but there seems to be a problem. Not all of the White Flyer targets I shoot at break. Any idea what the problem could be?

Pat Ireland

11. racer

racer TS Member

Pat- might I recommend blaming the trap machine while talking with the target rep, the shell maker while talking with gun maker etc. etc...Dan

12. Target13

Target13 Active Member

Thanks for all the comments..... I'll take a moment to respond to a few of the questions that were raised by some of the responders.

First of all .... SPORTSHOT : If you ordered the 2 pallets of International 110mm Targets, hopefully you specifically asked for 110mm Bio Internationals. If you didn't you'll get the PITCH 110mm Internationals. Suggest that if your order is to be delivered in the next week or so, that you contact your Distributor to get this changed. Otherwise, I'd recommend that you contact Bill; Josh or myself @ 800-322-7855 and we can discuss with you.

JERRY B - You bought up the rumor that you have heard that the Silver Dollar Trap Club may throw targets other than White Flyer for the Dixie Grand; Southern Grand and Florida State Shoots ?? Unfortunately, at this time the rumor seems to be TRUE. White Flyer has spoken over the past week with new Manager Mr. Miller and have been told that they are looking at switching to a
    Canadian-made target for 2009. WE were told that the owners of the Silver Dollar located in Chicago are in the process of deciding whether to make the switch permanent for 2009. At the moment, White Flyer is sort of in a "holding pattern" on this issue and we have asked Ken Ross @ the facility to compare White Flyer's quality first and foremost plus our support thru advertising; target discounts and trophy support for each of these shoots. WE have also told Silver Dollar officials that as we do each year, we'll put our support and what we'll do for ALL their shoots in 2009 in a official document including pricing etc. WE have also mentioned that in the past that this competitor has been known to deliver the first few loads then all of a sudden come back and tell the club they can no longer offer their targets at their initial price and they have to add a price increase. For this reason, we have also cautioned the Silver Dollar officials to put anything in a legal document, as White Flyer currently does, to make sure they are "covered"and everything happens as agreed upon.

Hopefully,Silver Dollar will understand after "testing" both White Flyer and our Canadian Competitor side by side, that White Flyer offers better quality and will go the "extra mile" to work with the Silver Dollar Club and the Florida Trap Association in terms of other venues of support as we have done the past six years. Better quality and support is what White Flyer offers and in all instances this is a much better deal for the shooters and gun club than initial price points.

We'd sincerely be grateful to many of our loyal White Flyer shooters, if they'd take a moment to contact the Silver Dollar club and the Florida Association to make their feelings known in regards to this "possible" change. WE are currently budgeting our usual involvement for the Dixie and Southern Grands thru the ATA; have been unable to work out anything with the Florida Association until the Silver Dollar makes a decision and have put the "White Flyer Invitational" Trapshoot with Winchester and Browning Arms scheduled at Silver Dollar the first week of March,2009 "on hold" until the decision is announced.

Enough on the above for now ..... to PAT IRELAND - Pat I understand your problem well ..... I believe we must have the same shooting style !!! I;m working on it though and will keep you posted. In my case, I think it has something to do with AGE and DESIRE. I too constantly contact my friends on the ammo side of the Industry with the same questions - to date, no quick fixes !!

Thanks to all of you for your responses. This next week I will be away from our Houston White Flyer office and be out in California. I will have my PC with me and will check my emails each evening plus if you need an immediate reply I can be reached on my I-Phone at pmurray@reagentchemical.com. Additionally, my cell # is 713-594-7605 or you can call Bill or Josh and they can help you.

Phil Murray

13. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

Thanks Phil
    We are receiving a load Tuesday at the new price. Save's us from increasing our shooting cost per round. Nevada County Sportsmens Club, N.City, Cal.
    Regards, Dave Mishler

14. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Phil and White Flyer,

Thanks for passing on the savings!

Matt - Woodson Enterprises

15. eagles11

eagles11 TS Member

Sportshot,

The lowdown on the White Flyer International targets is simple. They have redesigned them and they are every bit as good as the european targets or better. They fly great and break when hit. One of the problems we had with Nasta targets was the paint not being dry before they were packaged and then we had to separate each target when they were loaded. Not with White Flyers.

Our experience with breakage has been fantastic as well. Phil can tell the accurate numbers but I think we may be throwing the most international targets in the country right now and have no plans in the future to change. Phil and White Flyer have been there for us and we intend to return the loyalty by remaining a 100% White Flyer range.

Jack Burch
    Hill Country Shooting Sports Center
    Kerrville, Texas

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Now, lets see if the clubs pass on the saving also ... Adjustments start at the top and are supposed to trickle down to the consumer if I recall business 101 ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. eagles11

eagles11 TS Member

Sportshot,

Forgot to mention that we tried the Bio's and have had better service from the pitch.

Jack

18. Target13

Target13 Active Member

SPORTSHOT - you folks are getting your load out of our Webb City, MO Target plant. Suggest that first thing on Monday morning(tomorrow), you give Linda Brasch a call at our Webb City Plant - 1-800-647-2898 and confirm that those 2 pallets of Internationals are Bios. If they aren't and have been shipped, you won't have to "eat" them with ketchup - just put them aside in your warehouse and don't use them. On your next load, advise me about this mixup and we'll see you get those 110 mm Bios and in the meantime we'll try to find a home for the Pitch 110mm Internationals. I'm sure we could talk with USA Shooting in Colorado Springs at the Training Center and find a home for them over there.

Please keep me posted.

Phil

19. rwm12

rwm12 Member

20. eagles11

eagles11 TS Member

Sportshot

Do you use the Pheasant Targets for Sporting? We use them for everything on our range and have even substituted them for international shooting and have very good service from them even at the higher speeds. On some of our sporting machines the springs are maxed out and we do not see any more breakage than others that are not.

Don't know if they cost more but they are sure worth it.

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

white flyertargets in italia