1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHITE FLYER PROBLEMS at KERN COUNTY GC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BOBL, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOBL

BOBL TS Member

I will start by thanking all who attended our shoot on 9-19 & 20-09.
    Now I'd like to ask how in heck do the White Flyer orange dome targets
    get so distorted ? We wanted so much to make a good impression with our
    new Pat traps but the bad targets spoiled it. They jammed in the machine
    turrets causing no target to appear when called for. The targets are oblong,
    warped, twisted & thicker on one edge than the others. Whats up White Flyer?
    Has anyone else had this problem?

Bob L. Wood

2. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

No , they seem better than before . I will of course look more closely at them on Wednesday . Mallard Trap Club From NJ !!!

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

This sounds all too familiar. We had the problem with WF International Targets a few years ago. I called them Republican Targets because they were so warped that as soon as got to the 10 meter stake they turned right. WF and Phil Murray made them good. Even a good QA program lets some crap get through once in awhile.

TB

4. Target13

Target13 Active Member

BOBL.... saw your recent post on the problems you encountered at the shoot this past weekend at the Kern County GC. As always is the case when something like this happens, White Flyer apologizes to the shooters and the gun club for the target difficulties - we understand how disruptive this can be to a gun club and to the shooters. Fortunately, Mr. Homer Hansen, our White Flyer Distributor and shooter was there at the event and got with the Club Management to check out the issue and do whatever he could. White Flyer is presently obtaining the lot numbers off the target boxes and will do a full check to determine what caused the difficulties and rectify the situation. Knowing how the Kern County Club wanted to "show-off" their new PAT Traps at this event and have a very successful trapshoot, we are sincerely sorry for the many inconveniences these bad targets caused. Unfortunately, every once in awhile things like this happen (they shouldn't), but that does not make it okay.

White Flyer Targets will investigate this incident fully and will work closely with the Kern County Gun Club Management and Staff to see what caused this problem and rectify this unfortunate situation. Our thanks to Homer Hansen for his quick response at the shoot and making us aware of this issue.

Our West Coast Regional Manager - Bill Daniels is also aware of this issue having spoken to Homer this morning and the Kern County Club President. I am sure that Bill will work closely with them ASAP to solve all this.

Again, thanks for your bringing this to our attention and on behalf of all the staff at White Flyer, we sincerely apologize to everyone that attended and the gun club for these "poor" targets. I assure all of you that we will see that this issue is handled and made right.

As always is the case, should you experience problems or subpar performance from our White Flyer Targets, we want you to contact one of us on the staff immediately. If something is NOT right or out of the ordinary, PLEASE let us know ASAP. If there is a problem, I guarantee White Flyer will make it right as soon as possible.

Thank you...

Phil Murray
    White Flyer Targets

5. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

ahhh .... the sweet sound of customer service.

Kudos, Mr. Murray.

6. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Try getting that response from the 5 cent birds in China...

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Just curious how those targets ever got into the machine. When you load the trap you: 1) hold the stack in your hands and wiggle the stack to break any sticking paint loose, 2) spin the stack between your hands to check the targets for cracks or other imperfections, 3) then carefully place the targets into the machine.

8. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

There must have been old targets in the houses first. I shot squad 1 on 4 and 5 and with the expection of about 6 broken targets on 4, they were pretty nice. Ran the last 50 for a 95. Now, handicaps and doubles were another story, (maybe that is the excuse I can use for the two poor scores).
    Norman

9. oddlott

oddlott Member

Did you use the Bio targets? We had to stop using them because of high breakage especially when there was high humidity. They also cause your machines to rust.

Dennis Lott Pine Valley Gun Club

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

In 9 years of continuous use, I've never had any machine problems nor any evidence of excessive breakage from White Flyer Bios. I'm not saying its "not happening", but Chicago gets as much/more moisture as most parts of the country and our Pats (previously 4100s) eat them all without problems...

We have thrown 225000+ targets a year since 2001's reopening.

regards all,

Jay

11. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Please let me also add my compliments to Phil Murray who is ALWAYS customer focused and responsive and who is a stalwart supporter of the clary target sport to include our Wounded Warrior program for injured soliders from Walter Reed Medical Center.

Thanks for everything you do, Phil.

12. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

As I have stated in previous threads, our club, the CGESC in Oregon have tried all west coast targets available.
    We will throw nothing but White Flyer.
    Thats what our shooter's demand and White Flyer has earned our trust.
    We recently have had more problems with broken targets,outlaw rights,and what have you, then ever before.
    So far, I can say that its been due to equipment,
    not being properly tuned and maintained.
    However it has entered my mind that perhaps the targets are harder which makes them brittle.
    Not to say WF couldn't have a bad batch.
    However I don't really beleive thats the case.
    Most of our traps have over a half million birds on them.
    Im more inclined to believe that several other factors come into play.
    Concider this.........
    If your targets are delivered on a flatbed "tarpted load"
    How did they tarp that load?
    Have you ever noticed boot markes on the top of some cases? I have.
    How was the driver able to tarp your load without climbing on a few pallets? Solution.
    Request a softside or enclosed trailer.
    How many of you allow target's to be put on a trailor behind a 4 wheeler or whatever, that isn't designed for a load of 10 cases of targets (400#)?
    Bounce factor equals fractures.
    Fork lifts without suspension. Same result.
    Trappers in a hurry at the end or beginning of the day. Because we say "GO GO GO"
    How many are kid's that we have hired and not trained?
    They just want to get done.
    Bottom line?
    Every target we throw is costing us.
    As a club $.06-$.10 a target.
    How we manage that cost is up to us.
    My 2 cents
    Dennis

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I always find that a public forum is not the place to air out your problems until all parties involved have a chance to straighten things out. It's not good form, especially when dragging such a fine company as White Flyer through the mud over targets that should never have been loaded in the first place.

On the other side the exec's and distribution guys at White Flyer have handled themselves admirably.

14. romie

romie Active Member

Have never had a problem.

15. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

I heard the White Flyer did have a bad run of targets and that they would not fly right and warped. The provlem was sporadic. The individual that told me this thought that the bad targets were all out of the system and that White Flyer was aware of this. It happens.

16. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

What is the purpose of this thread other than to take a shot at WF? Phil Murray and WF are class acts. They already were aware of the problem in fact a WF rep was at the shoot. They were doing all they could to make it right. So why come on here and take a shot at one of the best corporate supporters of trapshooting in the country?

17. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Hitapar does pose a reasonable question. Rep on site and problem being responded to by the only fator important, the manufacturer. LOL Jake

18. Baber

Baber TS Member

I disagree that we are beating on WF by bringing up this subject on this forum. One of the reasons WF is a good company is that they read and respond to the comments made here. I submit that if we did not complain then companies would not know of the problems and would not respond. The fact the Phil Murray watches this board and responds quickly is a sign of someone who cares about his customers. I am reminded of a now out of business ammunition manufacturer who threatened to call his lawyers for comments made on this board about his blooper ammo. He is out of business. This is a good forum for companies like WF to keep track on how their product is doing in the marketplace. Its going to be interesting to see how a major gun maker responds to the blow up report on another thread.

TB

19. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

Not many company execs will come on and apoligize and promise to rectify the problem...THAT SPEAKS volumes about them...THANKS WF!!!

20. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

So why come on this thread?? Because other gun clubs in the area may have a similar problem or as Terry B. points out it could be a storage or delivery problem. Why have a discussion on health care? Because it may affect many of us... Information is always OK... just make sure it is substantially correct. Cudos to White Flyer for dealing so promptly with the problem. Let us know what the problem was. Our glun club is ordering about 18 pallets of White Flyer targets very soon and it is reassuring that 1. they are White Flyer and 2. White Flyer stands behind their product. Fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.