1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

White Flyer Clock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by whiz white, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Was lucky enough to purchase one of these several years ago, and then tried to reorder 5 more.

Unfortunately, the maker informed me his days were numbered with a swift cancer and was never able to resume making these.

I believe he passed away a month later.

How many of you folks have one of these?

[​IMG]

Whiz

2. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

I have one that was made in Canada. I had the guy make 15 for gifts for me to give. It was 5 years ago. I found him on ebay. Don't remember his name.....

3. kenf

kenf Active Member

I wanted one, but never got the chance.

4. tgt12

tgt12 TS Member

Whiz

What material was it made from?

5. vdt

vdt Active Member

...he made some for our club too, for trophy's much nicer then those plaques you store away in some closet...905-854-2240....vdt

6. whiz white

TGT12: It is a light plastic, looks like it was an air-formed process and is attached to a nicely finished wooden back plate.

It was well made.

I tried for the life of me to be politically correct in contacting the family of the deceased, but they evidentally did not want to continue the busines,s or were not involved at all.

I wanted to purchase the tooling, etc. to continue to make these. They never ever got back to me. I did make one contact via phone, but they were not interested.

The gentleman who made them was really a great guy to deal with, but, as I mentioned above, he told me his days were numbered and he was just trying to finish up his paid orders. I had to admire him for that. He did not live much longer than a month or two after I got the clock. I had ordered more, but the daughter was trying to tie up the businesses responsibilities and close the doors.

7. Dave VA

Dave VA TS Member

8. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I would really like to have one of these if anyone finds someone that makes them.... Ricky Thompson

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

Have you thought of contacting White Flyer and seeing if they have any large plastic targets as promotional items or such? Possibly they do and all the previous person was doing was just putting a clock works on that item.

10. whiz white

Good idea... Phil at White Flyer may be the way to go. It's pretty easy to add the clock harware.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.